Who actually has HPR kits in stock?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zyzzyva1000

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Like the title says…

Once again LOC has let me down, it seems their website has no bearing in reality on what’s actually in stock. At least Maddie lists stuff as OOS- unfortunate it seems to be most of their kits. Last time LOC strung me along for weeks before I cancelled.

So, any recommendations for a place that has a good L2ish dual deployment kit (already have my L2 just want to play with dual deploy more before moving towards and L3 project). Was looking for something dual deploy ready that comes with an AV bay and has a 54 mm mount. It just seems like nothing is in stock anywhere.

Like the title says…

Once again LOC has let me down, it seems their website has no bearing in reality on what’s actually in stock. At least Maddie lists stuff as OOS- unfortunate it seems to be most of their kits. Last time LOC strung me along for weeks before I cancelled.

So, any recommendations for a place that has a good L2ish dual deployment kit (already have my L2 just want to play with dual deploy more before moving towards and L3 project). Was looking for something dual deploy ready that comes with an AV bay and has a 54 mm mount. It just seems like nothing is in stock anywhere.
Who the hell is Maddie? My niece, Madcow, Madeline Kahn......

Well, most vendors have Level 2 rockets in stock.

Wildman - can't go wrong with Tim's kits and he ships quickly
SBR makes awesome kits
Mac Performance has some of the most complete phenolic kits on the market
I bought another Bruiser EXP from LOC two weeks ago and got it last week - so they are shipping right now
Giant Leap has their cool Firestorm
Mach 1 has all kinds of Level 2 rockets available
Kenny over at Performance Hobbies is showing a lot in stock - email him and he will confirm if he has it or not and give you a shipping time ETA
Most of Madcow's 4" rockets are in stock, which are pretty awesome Level 2 rockets

I am sure I am missing a bunch. Not exactly a supply problem at the moment...

I have bought and flown LOC and PML kits for years. Never had a problem with these folks. They have been wonderful to our hobby. I call out B.S. Tim Thomas L3

Like the title says…

Wildman never lets you down. Quick simple answer :)

I have bought and flown LOC and PML kits for years. Never had a problem with these folks. They have been wonderful to our hobby. I call out B.S. Tim Thomas L3
I still have my 1/4 scale patriot from PML that has been flying for 20 years. No BS. But any time I’ve ordered recently I get a reply that “supplies are short” and “we are doing a run this week”. Last time I gave up after 3 weeks. They provide great support if you need parts. But their sales leaves something to be desired. Why can resellers tell me how many LOC kits they have in stock, but the manufacturer can’t? If they could get an actual estimate for delivery that would be one thing. But I’m not falling for these vague “maybe we will make it
Next week” delay tactics again guess I just have bad luck with LOC.

Yeah I have to call a bit of B.S. on this one as well...

LOC *IS* absolutely awesome to deal with! (And IMO, they have only gotten better over the years)

I have never had an issue with them and if something 'appears' out of stock, I call/write and they make it. Might not get it in 48 hours, but within a week or so...

I originally got my HPR certification on a LOC, *many* years ago.... meaning I have ben flying LOC since, well....
Let me put it this way: My TRA# is 1196, so a long time ago! so I have been dealing with them for a lot of years

ABSOLUTELY *NOT* saying the other vendors mentioned above are not good as well, - they are - but LOC is a pretty great supplier/vendor!

Yeah I have to call a bit of B.S. on this one as well...

LOC *IS* absolutely awesome to deal with! (And IMO, they have only gotten better over the years)

I have never had an issue with them and if something 'appears' out of stock, I call/write and they make it. Might not get it in 48 hours, but within a week or so...

I originally got my HPR certification on a LOC, *many* years ago.... meaning I have ben flying LOC since, well....
Let me put it this way: My TRA# is 1196, so a long time ago! so I have been dealing with them for a lot of years

ABSOLUTELY *NOT* saying the other vendors mentioned above are not good as well, - they are - but LOC is a pretty great supplier/vendor!
Guess I’m just unlucky then. I ordered something that was listed as in stock, I emailed asking for an update and at this point it will be 3 weeks before I get the kit at the earliest. This exact same thing happened to be a few months ago when they shipped half my order and then I gave up after 3 weeks of waiting for updates.

LOC is pretty awesome. IF you drop them a message on FB or give them a call, I'm sure you'll have an answer very quick!

Not buying it. Sorry but an awful lot of us here have been buying from LOC for many years without issues. There was a time a year or so ago where they couldn't get certain materials for a couple of items but they were up front about this.

My suggestion is that you call Jason or Dave and have an actual conversation with them.

Like the title says…

There's stock everywhere if you take the time and look.
Wildman
MAC
SBR
LOC
Madcow
Binder
Performance
Composite Warehouse
Mach1
the list goes on and on.......

Your initial post seems a little "trolling" but what do I know. There's a ton of great vendors out there with great product waiting to sell to you if you look.

Happy hunting

I just received a 4" T-Loc from Loc Precision that I ordered Monday afternoon. 1.5 day turnaround for an in stock kit.

Back