Which glue for black "fiber" centering rings

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill S

Reaction score
I am in need of some centering rings, and see that E-Rockets has the ones I need. They are black fiber, though, instead of thick cardstock ones that I am used to working with. What glue is suitable for these? I'm using the rings to rebuild the motor mount of my Estes Vapor that landed hard on the tail end and ripped the motor mount loose.
Thanks.

I've only used epoxy in applications where I installed fiber centering rings. I'm sure that's overkill for your needs but I can absolutely verify that epoxy works.

Thanks guys. I'll go with carpenters glue then, as that's what I have.

AFAIK the black fiber and red fiber rings are still a paper/cellulose product. Just about any glue such as white glue, wood glueor , epoxy will work.

I never thought about it, they seem to feel like paper, and I installed them with the wood glue I had on hand without a second thought. which worked fine. I suspect strongly that the fibers are paper fibers, i.e. cellulose. So, like Neil said; just treat them like paper.

Back