where to start?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DONE . . .

was03.jpgWSWAC1.png

Attachments

• wacbooster.pdf
    86.9 KB · Views: 0
  • wacbooster-2.pdf
  • WAC-CORPORAL-A.pdf
    80.3 KB · Views: 0
  • WAC-CORPORAL-B.pdf
    97.9 KB · Views: 0
  • WAC-CORPORAL-C.pdf
  • wacinterstage.pdf
  • wacinterstage-2.pdf
  • wacoverall.pdf
  • wacoverall-2.pdf
also lastly does this photo show a ready to launch aerobee? as this is what I want to model. and do you happen to know of a diagram of the fins and there sizes

That's the Aerobee 150A sustainer with larger payload and conical nose. Ready to fly stack would include the booster (shown below), which used a fast-burn solid motor. Both motors were ignited simultaneously, and the solid motor quickly got the stack up to speed while the long-burning liquid sustainer took it to the desired altitude.

Fin dimensions, from post #21 reposted here:
1692929005148.png

That's the Aerobee 150A sustainer with larger payload and conical nose. Ready to fly stack would include the booster (shown below), which used a fast-burn solid motor. Both motors were ignited simultaneously, and the solid motor quickly got the stack up to speed while the long-burning liquid sustainer took it to the desired altitude.

Fin dimensions, from post #21 reposted here:
View attachment 599937
ok thanks for the info. and I think for the full scale flying model I will have to not include the booster.

also lastly does this photo show a ready to launch aerobee? as this is what I want to model. and do you happen to know of a diagram of the fins and there sizes ?

View attachment 599933
It does not look 'ready for launch'. The top of the conduit covers are not in place (see the exposed wires).
It looks like they in in the process of testing the extension of the sensor arm (up at an angle with white ball). and looks like this sensor arm has not yet installed on the payload side facing us.

Back