Where can i buy ammonium perchlorate

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreChain

Reaction score
I live in canada and ive looked around for a while and cant seem to find ammonium perchlorate anywhere i saw pyrochemsource, skylighter and united nuclear but i cant seem to find any that ship to canada and from research it doesnt seem to be illegal does anybody know where i could buy some ammonium perchlorate that ships to canada that also isnt from a giant company that charges $100 for 100 g

You might contact CAR, they may be more knowledgeable on the subject than (almost) anyone on this list. Wild guess: you will not find anyone in the US willing to ship AP to Canada except under strict conditions (e.g., buyer is a university or a legitimate company involved in related research). Liability issues are likely to put it out of reach of most prospective buyers.

I use to buy all my AP from the US before ITAR and the crackdowns. I kinda sensed it was time to find an alternative when an AP shipment arrived labelled as "Books & literature" - this was 20ish years ago.

Nevertheless, Terry nailed it. You can still purchase AP from outside the US, but you need to apply, meet the conditions and get approval.

TP

From that RCS link:

NOTICE: We cannot ship international orders for chemicals or propellant at this time. International orders containing chemicals or propellant will be canceled and the payment refunded.”

From that RCS link:

NOTICE: We cannot ship international orders for chemicals or propellant at this time. International orders containing chemicals or propellant will be canceled and the payment refunded.”
I overlooked that little detail.

Back