What LPR kits do you plan on building this year?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definite:
Art Applewhite 18mm saucer
Art Applewhite 24mm saucer
Estes Spaceship One (for the boy, if it's ever released)

Eyeing:
Ecee Thunder (boy wants this)
Some of those new Shrox things that aren't available yet

Stymye,

Thanks for the thread link to the Shrox kit! For a second I thought no one saw my post. :D

I did do a forum search but I used a space between the SHX and Der Rammstein.

Very cool kit! I think I need to add it to my wish list.

Thanks again,

Well, you can just check my sig line to see what I've got going on! Btw, I just finished cutting the conduit covers for the LTV Scout and I'm sure others who have built this will agree that is one huge PITA! If not for those darn things, this rocket would be more like a skill level 2 intstead of 3...I will post pics when it's done, probably in the spring. Actually I don't have too much more to do on the construction, but I can't prime and paint until then, it's about 16 degrees in my garage right now.

Glenn

Built and waiting to prime/paint:
Estes ScissorWing
FlisKits FarScape

Upcoming:
Fliskits Alien8, USS Grisom
Qmodeling Andromeda (if it ever comes out!)

Me?

Had to finish off one wing of my "4 star 60" to clear some table space.. www.sigmfg.com

And now, with a clear table:

Battle Axe (Rocket head)
SAAB 87 (Scale Kits)
Aston Birdy
Paveway (Estes)
Python (Estes)
Mortar (scratch build)
Art's downloaded 'free' paper cone, sauser and cube..
(You woudl think these would get built fast!!)

upcomming:
ACME Spitfire Fliskit (and am soooo looking forward to this one, so is the wife!)
Amraam - 29mm (Scale Kit)
And my eventual 5 'planned, detailed & documented' scratch builds (These were supposed to be my 'christmas builds' but work got in the way..)

Then, maybe I'll get my RC plane building bug back for my:
1/6 scale Spitfire Mk IX (pica)
1/9 scale JU-87 Stuka Slyshark RC)
1/4 scale Smith miniplane (Sig)

and my 24" 'Blackhawk' RC sailboat at some point (Victor - Lousy kit though..)

I shoved my PICA F4U in the corner since I detest covering and have these kits on the table:

Building:
Quest Nike Smoke in primer
Quest Payloader ready for prime and paint
Estes Mercury Redstone ready for final assembly
Estes Patriot ready for decals
Estes Patriot (Original from 1983) waiting for a new engine mount
1976 Estes Space Shuttle (basket case I found in the trash at a yard sale)
Restored my old Maxi Alpha 3 with new plywood fins, new motor mount, and new paint. Waiting on decals.

Ready to start:
Dr. Zooch Saturn V (I LMAO when reading the description, I just had to buy one:D )

New kits in the bag:
Estes SR71
Estes Pheonix
Estes Paveway

Waiting for restoration:
Astron Der Red Max
Astron Mark IV
Estes Alpha
Estes X-ray

Man, what a fun year this will be:p
Scott

No kits, but plenty of scratch built projects tucked away in the back of my mind!

LPR kits?

well let's see......

Purchased and awaiting build:
.Estes Canadian Arrow
.Estes Thunder******
.Quest DC-Y

Currently building:
.scratch build design with 4 SRBs
.clone of Astron Ranger
.Edmonds CiCi
.Fliskits Tumbleweed

Planning to purchase:
.Estes Space Ship One
.surely others.........:)

I guess the answer to this question is

ANY THING MY WIFE WILL LET ME GET MY HANDS ON

:D

Originally posted by Bowhunter
I guess the answer to this question is

ANY THING MY WIFE WILL LET ME GET MY HANDS ON

:D

It worked a treat when I built the Flying Lamp.

===

Oh, I forgot one I had on order and just got in:
Semroc SLS Sky Hook upscale.

FlisKits Deuces Wild
Semroc Hydra 7
Estes Phoenix
Estes Big Bertha

That's it for low power...I have several mid and high power projects waiting to be built as well.

I just finishing up a LPR kit. If I tell you about it, I'll have to :kill: ..... it's top secret!!!!!

Edit; I forgot I am also building a Sky Hook

Fliskits Long Overdue
Sunward Pheonix
Estes BLU-97B cluster bomb.

I've already built a couple of Fliskits Caution! Rocket Launch in Progress! rockets. They were a fun little build.

Here are my plans for 2005:

Scratch built Delta IV Heavy (BT-60 & 3x 24mm):D
Estes Phoenix
Estes Mercury Redstone
Saturn V
Edmonds glider

Hey Dr. Wogz,

I ordered one of those SAAB's from UMRS because of that picture. Any idea when the review is coming?

Jason

Here's my build list:
Astron Bandit clone (done; my TRF Secret Santa gift from ForeCheck)
FlisKits Drake (almost done; what a great kit!)
Estes Gyroc clone (from the BMS clone kit; replaces my scratch built one)
Estes Canadian Arrow
BT-80 Mosquito upscale (scratch)
Dual deployment bays for BT-60s and BT-80s

My kids' build list:
FlisKits Triskellion
Quest lifting body (forget which one)
Mosquitoes

Once those are done...
Gryoc upscale (BT-55 size)
Crayon rocket
A custom 2.5" 38mm HPR bird

-- Jim

Although I do not get to build much....

Currently:

Quest Tomahawk

Anticipated:

1. Dyna Star Stonebreaker (o.k - too cool)
2. Dueces Wild (number two) to replace the one that lawndarted in a field in Kansas.
3. (of course) the Quest X-15.

These three will probably take me most of the summer as I am also going to try for my L2 with the Superstition group early in Feb.

so many rockets.... so little time...

Jason, must do a launch first!!

went together really well, no surprises.
(The 29mm AMRAAm on the other hand...)

Should have a few for the launch...

this one, the AMRRAAM, the Battle Axe, my scratch 'Mortar", my aston bridie, and the ACME spit... Plus wahtever I do get built before the launch date (TBA..)

Here are the likely candidates, ranked by my current interest in them:

- bashed small-scale Delta 4 Heavy from Quest T-20 body tubes (tubes are cut to length, very non-detailed colored paper body wraps are printed, still need nosecones)
- Quest Payloader One (motor mount is finished)
- BT-50-based downscale of DG&A Armageddon (almost built now!)
- Edmonds CiCi boost glider

- Estes Fireflash
- Quest Zenith II
- Quest Harpoon
- Quest Tomahawk SLCM Cruise Missile
- Estes Mongoose
- Estes Polaris

And of course, the ever popular:
- Whatever else I happen to buy in moments of weakness.

Here's my list

Fliskits Cheetah
Fliskits Corona
Estes Cluster Bomb
Zooch Saturn 1B
Roachwerks Mini Constellation
Roachwerks Mini Cobra
Roachwerks Mini Bomarc
AA 18, 24 and 24 long Spools

I'll list what I have awaiting me at the moment, read or skip if you wish, the list is quite long. For purposes of brevity, I will not publish my "need to paint" list as it is probably longer

Aardvark - Astrobee D

Aerospace Specialty - Micro Sandhawk, V-2 (24mm), WAC Corporal (24mm)

Apogee - Texas Twister

Art Applewhite - 13mm Cinco, 13mm Cone, 13mm Delta Saucer, 13mm Pyramid, 4" Delta Saucer, 6" Flying Saucer, 7.5" Delta Saucer, BiC Stic MMX rockets (2)

BMS - Mars Snooper

Custom - Elite (2-stager)

Cycline - Fun, Fat Rocket; Poison Arrow

Edmonds - Deltie B

Estes - ARV Condor, Astron Ranger, Black Brant II, Cluster Bomb 24mm, Fat Boy (24mm), Firehawk (2 external boosters), Gauchito, Lucky Seven, M-104 Patriot (24mm), Nova Payloader, Outlander, Python 4 ASRAAM 24mm, Renegade, Rubicon, SR-71 Blackbird, Scissor Wing Transport, Snitch, Trans Wing Glider, Venus Probe (24mm)

Excelsior - Goony Max, Goonybird Zero

FlisKits - ACME Deadstone, ACME Spitfire, Deuce's Wild (elliptical fins), Drake, Long OverDue, Midnight Express, Pheord X-150, Sting Ray, Tres, Tumbleweed

Mile High - Falcon

Quest - Big Betty 24mm, Courier 24mm, Falcon 24mm, Navaho AGM, Nike Smoke 24mm, Tomahawk Cruise Missile

Roachwerks - BT-56 Sprint upscale, Little Joe II, Mini Astron Space Plane, Saturn 1B, Sprint clone

Rockethead - RHR 2003

Rocketpad Kits - ASRAAM, Astron Spaceman clone, Mega Cobra, Mega Drifter

Scale Kits - Apex

Scratch - Bertha Deuce, CAP Rocket 18mm, CAP Rocket 24mm, California Kid downscale, Centuri Long Tom, Der Big Blue Ninja Max, 80's style Big Bertha

Semroc - Fire Fly, Goliath 24mm, Hydra VII, Laser-X, Mark II, SLS Jaguar, SLS Sky Hook, Squire

Squirrel Works - Astrid, XR-V

Starlight - Queeze-Bee, Spike

Thrustline - Astron X-Ray clone, Duster, F-19 Night Fighter, Goblin clone, K-1919 Honest John, Mars Probe, V-2

Wayne West - K-44 Birdie clone

That's all for now

Let's see. This is my first post.

I am working on, or planning to build:

Semroc Laser X (ntp*)
Goblin clone from BMS parts (ntp)
Der Red Max clone, with BMS parts, Excelsior decals (ntp)
BT-60 Blue Bird Zero (Excelsior plans, decals) (ntp)
Peter Alway Arcas (ntp)
Apogee Heliroc
Big Daddy
Estes Saturn V
2 scratch builds
Quest Nike Smoke (ntp)
Quest Shuttle something or another (ntp)
FREDE (actually, should be Friede) by Rocketpad? (ntp)
Outlander
... there's got to be more, but that's all I can spot from my computer station right now.
* ntp = need to paint

cliveroonie

I haven't had much time for rockets lately, with the holidays, a new job situation here in Texas, a heavy job search elsewhere, and now a pending move to Indianapolis, IN. That said, I need to clean out the hobby/build room to make the house more presentable for a pending sale. This will make a fine excuse to catalog my upcoming projects and kits! I've been meaning to do that anyway........

Originally posted by Fore Check
I haven't had much time for rockets lately, with the holidays, a new job situation here in Texas, a heavy job search elsewhere, and now a pending move to Indianapolis, IN. That said, I need to clean out the hobby/build room to make the house more presentable for a pending sale. This will make a fine excuse to catalog my upcoming projects and kits! I've been meaning to do that anyway........

I hope everything works out well for you, Forecheck. (Doesn't it suck there's no hockey). Maybe this will give me chance to "catch up" on my upscales:D :D :D

I have already built a few kits this year.
Currently I am working on

Estes- Meteor Masher
The launch pad- Krypton
Aerospace Specialties- Sonda II B
Semroc- Thunderbee

I just ordered

Scale Kits- Pheonix
Semroc-LaserX
Fliskits-Corona
Custom-ATW
Holverson Designs-Wicked Winnie
Estes-Screamin Mimi
Quest-Navaho AGM
-Zenith II
-Pip Squeak

That ought to keep me busy for a while. Lots of new vendors whose kits I have never built.

on bench:

Estes Space Shuttle #1284 (oop)
Estes National Aerospace Plane (oop)
Estes Big Bertha (80's version)
Estes Explorer Aquarius (oop)
Estes Klingon Battle Cruiser (oop)
Estes Solar Sailer II (oop)
Estes Scissor-Wing Transport (re-issue)
Estes Silver Comet (30's scifi mod)

planned:

Estes Trident (clone probably)
Estes Goblin (clone)
Shrox/Fliskits Alien8

Lately been leaning towards the sci-fi/futuristic and/or older exotic type models. Just finished a Mars Snooper clone, USS Enterprise, Trident II - would love to get my hands on a USS Atlantis or Andromeda, etc.

Might build my first Centuri in '05.

Side note: Because I am trying to sharpen my Excel skills (really just 'cause I'm a dork), I've tried to maintain a little database of my model rocket hobby. I track things like: when each model was acquired, how much did each cost, when I was finished building, first time flown, etc. I tried to include the cost of stuff like my fin alignment guide, etc. used only in building rockets. (I didn't include glues, hobby knives & stuff 'cause I use those for other things). Anyway - I returned to rockets around Christmas '97 - and I currently have about 52 LPR models. Total cost: less than $1000. Admittedly, I started small and spent exponentially more each year... my point is that this is still a reasonably inexpensive yet very satisfying hobby. And I'm still a dork.

S..

Originally posted by Steve

Side note: Because I am trying to sharpen my Excel skills (really just 'cause I'm a dork), I've tried to maintain a little database of my model rocket hobby. I track things like: when each model was acquired, how much did each cost, when I was finished building, first time flown, etc. I tried to include the cost of stuff like my fin alignment guide, etc. used only in building rockets. (I didn't include glues, hobby knives & stuff 'cause I use those for other things). Anyway - I returned to rockets around Christmas '97 - and I currently have about 52 LPR models. Total cost: less than $1000. Admittedly, I started small and spent exponentially more each year... my point is that this is still a reasonably inexpensive yet very satisfying hobby. And I'm still a dork.

S..

I have an Excel spreadsheet that I created from the list in my signature, but I didn't think of adding a column with the cost of each kit in it. I think I'll do that now and see what the (estimated) total is.

Thanks!

Originally posted by JRThro
I have an Excel spreadsheet that I created from the list in my signature, but I didn't think of adding a column with the cost of each kit in it. I think I'll do that now and see what the (estimated) total is.

Thanks!

You have more guts than I. If I ever estimated the cost of all my kits & parts, I'd have to become one of the Prozac people! I estimated the cost of restoring my '85 Cadillac Fleetwood back in '93. It was truly depressing!

Back