what kind of epoxy do you like for laminating?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is there are Market for Colored Hybrids

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

rocketsonly

Reaction score
Hello, which epoxy does everyone like to 'wet' their carbon fiber, kevlar, fiberglass, or any other fabric with?

I was looking at the West Systems 307 hardener, and the Aeropoxy stuff. Any comments?

Ok, I use West Systems resin with 205 or 206 hardener depending on the ambient temperature. 307 hardener? Do you mean 207? Use Aeropoxy hardener with Aeropoxy resin. I have never mixed brands, but I have a feeling this would not be a good idea.

steve

Originally posted by DumasBro2
Ok, I use West Systems resin with 205 or 206 hardener depending on the ambient temperature. 307 hardener? Do you mean 207? Use Aeropoxy hardener with Aeropoxy resin. I have never mixed brands, but I have a feeling this would not be a good idea.

steve

Oops, I meant I was looking at the West System epoxy, as well as the Aeropoxy. I didn't mean to I would mix them together.

I can't live without West System 24hr epoxy.

I've never done tubes...

But I have done a number of fins with silkspan tissue in various weights and 3/4 oz. fibreglass.

I've used the West Systems 105 Resin with either the 205 or 206 Hardener (depends on the temp and time of year) as well as Z-Poxy's Finishing Resin. The latter is not as economical if you do a lot of glassing, but for small usage it's cheaper than the outlay for West Systems.

... Bill K

i`m using the epoxy from "carbon-supply" , it`s very good, but from germany, so i don`t know if you can get it , when you`re living outside germany/EU....

mfg roman

Back