What do you do while the glue dries?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually build more than one at a time so after I've put a fillet on one I can start working on one of the others. (I do a lot of glue fillets.) But I also have plenty of other things to do- youtube, sleep, my actual day job, run errands, house repairs, woodworking, ...

Try to reach the debonder on the shelf with one hand without taking my other hand off the workbench.
Once stepped on a dropped CA bottle on a wood floor when I was barefoot and alone in the house. Managed to peel my foot off without losing too many layers of skin, but it was kind of alarming until I got free.

In the past I would work on another rocket and another. I had to stop doing that because I was running out of ceiling space. Now I just do something else like watch You Tube.

Once stepped on a dropped CA bottle on a wood floor when I was barefoot and alone in the house. Managed to peel my foot off without losing too many layers of skin, but it was kind of alarming until I got free.
In a slightly weird coincidence, I was just recounting the time I did this to some co-workers earlier today. I did it about 25 years ago. The skin stayed on the floor until we moved out of that house, so far as I know, it's still there...

Why is Gorilla Glue in a Bowl? It will start drying as soon as water in the air hits it.
I don't understand it either but I watch youtube videos for woodworking and a lot of woodworkers do that. They have a little bowl with glue in it and spread it with a small painntbrush. Seems to me that this would be more things to clean when you finish.

I think that whether the glue in the bowl makes sense may depend on the humidity and the temperature. In the middle of winter it might work quite well.

There's an interesting way to use CA that involves putting some in a plastic bottlecap, or a depression in aluminum foil, or something like that. If it's dry, it lasts for quite a while. One grinds off half the eye of a needle, sticks it in a cork, and uses it to pick up and apply a controlled amount of glue. Periodically, it's necessary to go outside and hold the "fork" over a flame to clean it off. DO NOT to that part indoors, unless you have a hood, paint booth, etc.

I don't understand it either but I watch youtube videos for woodworking and a lot of woodworkers do that. They have a little bowl with glue in it and spread it with a small painntbrush. Seems to me that this would be more things to clean when you finish.

I can see that with wood glue maybe, but not water activated polyurethane that Foams.

Back