West Systems 105 Ratio by weight

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davdue

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have the pumps but so many times that is too much epoxy for the current job. West Systems website says 5 parts resin to 1 part hardener for 205 or 206. I created a spreadsheet but apparently I did something wrong because the epoxy never cures. That sucks when it’s fillets on a rocket and you have to clean them off. Does anyone have a chart, spreadsheet or something that they use for this?

West can be mixed 5:1 by weight or volume. Something else is going on with your epoxy.

Cell A1 = Weight of Part A
Cell B1 = formulae A1/5 (this will give you a value 1/5th of A1 cell) to be used with Part B
Cell C1 = formuale =SUM(A1:B1) - this will give you total weight which should equal 120% of Cell A1

Here is what I do:
Add container to scale. Tare. Pour in the hardener. Measure. Multiply by ten then halve it (x5 easy mental maths). Tare, then pour that amount of epoxy. Mix. It is easier to match the masses if you do the smaller quantity first.

From West System documentation, mass ratio is acceptable between 4.84 and 6.19 for 206 hardener. I just aim for 5:1.

Last edited:
For smaller amounts I use syringe. one for resin and another for harder.

1cc hardner to 5 resin...easy peasy. You can mix any amount needed.

Get them at any pharmacy...Wally World...CVS etc. Wally W will give them to ya free, ask at counter for liquid vitamin units for kiddy and cut off curved tip to hole size needed.

Back