Well I put the fins on upside down.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrightme43

It's much later than it seems.
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I labeled them, lead, trail, root, and tip, but I labeled them upside down, so I installed them upside down. Still looks cool. I didn't figure it out untill I went to install the decals.

I am sorta dense some days.
Epoxyed the fins too.

Oh well, it shouldn't cause any problems, other than embarrassment.20230917_080220.jpg

Last edited:
I kinda like it better with the fins 'backwards'

Shouldn't the LE actually be SHORTER than the TE ???

And about those BT-50 tubes, one long and one short --Estes has those backwards too !

I've got a Cherokee E from HL sitting on my workbench so now I have to decide which way to install the fins in addition to deciding whether to give her a 29mm motor mount or stick with the 24mm mount ....

I don't suppose it matters as long as all of the fins are one way or the other way :)

And if I am doing a 29mm motor mount I need to swap the short tube with the long tube for my DD recovery system.

Decisions, decisions ...

-- kjh

EDIT: P.S. I thought I said this but I didn't: your Cherokee E is a beauty, @Wrightme43 !

And now that I think about it, if those fins bug you, I would be happy to trade my unopened kit for your beauty ! :cool:

Last edited:
Old, early, not enough OJ yet. fingers that don't work anymore, can't see , 4 dogs barking at me, wife screaming.....
Well there's your problem... You swapped OJ for the Nectar Of The Gods... Coffee!!! ;)

Hell... but, in the meantime....

You might try using a "Thinking Cap" (and fresh lemons)🤣
1694968399641.png

Last edited:
Well there's your problem... You swapped OJ for the Nectar Of The Gods... Coffee!!! ;)

Hell... but, in the meantime....

You might try using a "Thinking Cap" (and fresh lemons)🤣
View attachment 604650
I want build something in flat black, with black details, in honor of Hotblack Desaito's stunt ship for Disaster Area.

I don't know what would look like a flatened salmon though.

I want build something in flat black, with black details, in honor of Hotblack Desaito's stunt ship for Disaster Area.

I don't know what would look like a flatened salmon though.
https://www.culturehustleusa.com/co...bK_2t2vFzYzdsLiaocxCIniphqAjaxNQaAgLdEALw_wcB
1694977037601.png

*Note: By adding this product to your cart you confirm that you are not Anish Kapoor, you are in no way affiliated to Anish Kapoor, you are not purchasing this item on behalf of Anish Kapoor or an associate of Anish Kapoor. To the best of your knowledge, information and belief this material will not make it's way into the hands of Anish Kapoor.

BUILD TWO! ;)
I was going to tell the OP that I've seen a number of them built this way.
And I agree, this is a good excuse to build another one, plus if you put an E in it the rocket gods may give you an even better reason to build another one.
I finished mine not long ago but haven't launched it yet. I went ahead and built it with 24mm mount but I'm not going to launch it on an E, not even a D, and my 18mm adapter broke.

I labeled them, lead, trail, root, and tip, but I labeled them upside down, so I installed them upside down. Still looks cool. I didn't figure it out untill I went to install the decals.

Epoxyed the fins too.

Oh well, it shouldn't cause any problems, other than embarrassment.View attachment 604615
I installed one upside down. 2 out of 3 ain’t bad. Yours ought to fly fine

Epoxyed the fins too.

Oh well, it shouldn't cause any problems, other than embarrassment.View attachment 604615
No problem. I have made several Cherokee clones with the narrow end of the fins forward. And mine have four fins, not three. I'm just being nonconformist.
Bob

Back