Web site hosting suggestions?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Selene

Roving Rocketeer
Reaction score
Hey! Anybody have any recomendations for a web site hosting company?
any companies to avoid?
tia!

I've had very good luck 5 years running with LinuxWebHost.com

Price is reasonable and the control panel is outstanding. You can also become a reseller and sell other web-hosting accounts for the same price and you keep half the fee for yourself :)

jim

i had been thinking about godaddy, it's reassuring to hear a good review of them.

never heard of LinuxWebHost.com i'll go check them out now.

thanks guys!

Originally posted by Adam Selene
i had been thinking about godaddy

You're just thinking of godaddy because of the woman in the superbowl commercial!!!! Just kidding...... I use ApolloHosting.com. Pretty good service. I only paid for 3 months just in case they were bad, but I will renew for 1 year now......

Originally posted by Adam Selene
Hey! Anybody have any recomendations for a web site hosting company?
any companies to avoid?
tia!
I have about 25 of our clients and all of my Ye Olde Rocket *** sites are hosted at https://www.hostrocket.com. They have great pricing for the amount of hosting space and bandwidth that you get. For domain registration I've gotten excellent pricing and service from https://www.registerfly.com.

kind of a loaded question;) ...what kind of web site? "Ecommerce" would rquire something different than "here is my fleet". Any idea on the bandwidth required?:confused:

You have had good suggestions so far!

ive heard good things about godaddy, one of my friends who is one of those internet fiends that have been using the web since it was born says its his choice

where you host your site depends on what type of site you get and what you need to host it. The more bandwidth you need higher the price will be. Same for storage space. Iam a web designer and before i build clienets sites these are the questions i ask them before i even start. So you may wanna look into drawing up a site on paper then figuring out what kind of room itll take to host it and how much visitors will ya have in a months time.

Back