USPS shipping

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr G

Reaction score
Answered the doorbell an hour ago, found this, and started to fret. Glad it was all fiberglass parts! Initial USPS notification of pickup of this Priority package was on Aug 10 in Greensburg, PA the day after it was ordered. The same day it made it to the Warrendale, PA distribution center. Then a notice that is was delayed...

For all the intrigue of where this came from, I'm just happy to have it as a 2.6" bigger brother to my Scarab 54. It fills a gap in the fleet that I imagined existed to justify taking a leap of faith I'd ever see it.

It's number No. 34 on the build pile. I'm working on No. 14 right now, so it will be awhile... unless I change my mind. Skinny rocket, big 54mm motors, tracker, oh my!
IMG_5274.jpgIMG_5273.jpgIMG_5275.jpg

Next up - a good soap and water bath to take away all the fiberglass dust. It was clear that this was nothing more than parts - no instructions, no note, no beveling or aftercare. YGWYPF - You Get What You Pay For - is the term that comes to mind. Wouldn't have done it if not for the rubber-necking on a previous thread that led me to a website and a very good deal at the time on something on "the list."

Hmmm. After watching USPS Tracking and seeing my package bounce between SF and LA for a few days it finally left the US and went to Sydney. Now apparently it's back in SF.

So... does my package get frequent flyer points and can I cash them in?

Keep in mind that shipping, in general, is a mess right now.

Volumes are *way* up and the shipping companies are all dealing with illness due to COVID.

I've been working from home since March and have been doing a lot of mail order. I've had each of the major carriers send something via the scenic route. The most egregious example I have is something I ordered for a friend in Canada. It got sent via DHL, and it took DHL 23 days to move it a distance than can be driven in 6 hours. Package still hasn't been delivered.

On the flip side, I placed an order that was shipped last Tuesday and got it on Thursday. IL to Texas. Crazy world right now. As Kevin said, I have had several orders take the scenic route as well.

Back