TV Show: The Curse Of Oak Island. Tonight.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopRamen

SA-5
Reaction score
For those of you that may not be Familiar, Oak Island is located off the Coast of Nova Scotia, and has long been thaught to have some secret "Buried Treasure".
There is a Show on tonight starting at 10:00, on History HD that will investigate it.
I for one find it interesting, having read about it in the past in some of my History Books.
Here's a Wikipedia Link with some info about the Island.:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oak_Island

Anyhow, I'm gonna' watch it, and just thaught I'de share incase anyone else is interested and looking for something to watch tonight.
Obviously, they are not going to find the "Treasure", or else we would have heard about it in the News already before the Show came out, but the History of the Explorers and Adventurers that have made attempts is quite interesting to learn about.:)

I admire their Determination, but watching them use Concrete Pump Hoses without wearing Hardhats and Protective Gear makes me seriously doubt they are doing anything at all other than making a TV Show. If you've ever Tied Rebar and Poured Cement, you know what I mean.
Those Hoses can kill you right quick, no matter what your pumping through them.

Kind of a Bummer.
I apologize for starting a Thread about this Show that I was looking forward to.:(

I guess if nothing else, I have at least made a good Point. These Shows are obviously structured to sell Advertising, and nothing else.
My Grandfather spent some time in Wyoming after WWII. He had to "Smuggle" a lot of Fossils out of there, because it was Government Land. He gave the Slabs to my Mom, who was an Ameture Archeoligist. After many Years of scraping with a Needle Pick, she braught some of her finds to the Museum of Natural History in New York.
They not only took some of her Work to put in their Archive, but gave her similar pieces of Slate/Shale to work on.
The Museum has many layers of yet undiscovered stuff.
At least that was REAL. These TV Shows are just a Joke.:mad:

Last edited:
As a Side Note, there are a lot of Fossils to be found in New Jersey. When I was a kid we used to go to places and find a lot of Deposits with Plant Matter in them and Fossils of Fish and Fish Coprolites in them.

Last edited:
I could not stay away, and took a chance on tonights Episode. :facepalm:

They seem Mystified to have found "Coconut Fibers on the Island. Don't they know anything about Ocean Current and the "Gulf Stream"?
Ofcourse it is likely that Coconuts can end up on Oak Island.
They act like it is some kind of "Stunning Discovery".
I definitely won't be watching next week. Or will I?....

Oh, and the show is narrated by the same guy that does "Ancient Aliens", and he also keep using the Key Phrase, "And if so,..."

Back