LOC on TV Tonight

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zbench

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have been meaning to post this for a while, but if you tune into the History Channel tonight for the latest installment of "The Secret of Skin Walker Ranch", you will see the folks from LOC launching some rockets at Skin Walker Ranch. They attempted some of this last season, but the rockets were tiny and didn't have space to hold some of the instruments that they wanted to carry to altitude. I saw it in the preview from last week.

The show is about a ranch in UT that allegedly has a lot of paranormal activity going on, UFO sightings, strange creatures/cryptids, portals opening, etc. It's been mildly entertaining, but nothing super fascinating so far. Perhaps tonight's episode show casing rockets will take it over the top!

Apologies if this has been mentioned previously.

They launched their Goblin rocket into clouds and lost sight of it. So much for safety, lol.

I've been watching the BS er ah, The Secret of Skin Walker Ranch just to see what new BS shows up week to week. Too bad the LOC guys got suckered into it. Nothing wrong with launching some rockets there, but I did not buy the BS of all of the hair on Daves body standing up on end and having to be removed from the area. The ranch is not hundreds of miles from nowhere, the area is in fact quite populated like within 5 miles.

I've been watching the BS er ah, The Secret of Skin Walker Ranch just to see what new BS shows up week to week. Too bad the LOC guys got suckered into it. Nothing wrong with launching some rockets there, but I did not buy the BS of all of the hair on Daves body standing up on end and having to be removed from the area. The ranch is not hundreds of miles from nowhere, the area is in fact quite populated like within 5 miles.

I agree, I have never seen so much non-scientific stuff on that show, that reportedly is supposed to take a scientific approach to solving the so-called mysteries of Skinwalker Ranch. I find it impossible to have any respect for the science-based Travis, he has muddied any reputation he hoped to build. As for the assortment of clowns working the ranch, I wouldn’t be surprised to find that they are a group of cons and grifters; one going by the nickname “Dragon,” is too much for believability.

I think it is mostly BS, BUT, there are some things which can't be explained, like how Travis got radiation burns on his face and hands after messing around with that old cistern. Also, you have to admit it's mighty weird all the UAPs that show up whenever they start goofing around, last night being the latest example. That cow dying was also a bit odd, when you consider a UAP was seen at the same time the cow died.

As to rockets, if you check out LOCs website, the Skinwalker is now available! 25 kits available, each with their own numbered decal.

I say good for LOC, it's a pretty big deal when you get that kind of press for free. Good for them and good for the hobby.

I agree, I have never seen so much non-scientific stuff on that show, that reportedly is supposed to take a scientific approach to solving the so-called mysteries of Skinwalker Ranch. I find it impossible to have any respect for the science-based Travis, he has muddied any reputation he hoped to build. As for the assortment of clowns working the ranch, I wouldn’t be surprised to find that they are a group of cons and grifters; one going by the nickname “Dragon,” is too much for believability.

Watched it just for the rockets. The one landing on the mesa brings a whole new meaning to 'tumble recovery'. Maybe that will buff out. I'll scream if I hear the phrase "ancient alien theorists..." one more time.

Watched it just for the rockets. The one landing on the mesa brings a whole new meaning to 'tumble recovery'. Maybe that will buff out. I'll scream if I hear the phrase "ancient alien theorists..." one more time.

Ancient alien theorists.

I liked that LOC was considered 'professional rocket people' that were brought in to assist the investigation. As if using Sport Rocketry contributes to the credibility of the show. It was good video of launches and everything flew well, so that was good. But all those smart people seemed to have flushed out a UFO but can't figure out what it was.

I liked that LOC was considered 'professional rocket people' that were brought in to assist the investigation. As if using Sport Rocketry contributes to the credibility of the show. It was good video of launches and everything flew well, so that was good. But all those smart people seemed to have flushed out a UFO but can't figure out what it was.

Those lights in the sky are probably one of the ranch hands using a mirror to create the lights. I truly believe this ranch is populated with a team of con artists, especially the boss guy mormon.

I guess anything it possible, but a few things cast doubt on that theory.

The private owners who sold it in the 90s couldn’t tolerate all the paranormal phenomenon that went on there. They sold it to billionaire Robert Bigelo who had his own team of scientists who studied it for 20 years before selling it to the Mormon Con Artist (so called).

I greatly enjoyed the rocketry in this episode. Flushing out UAP and communicating with the non-human intelligence that may be their source is the point of the series. They will probably fail but the attempt is commendable. At a larger scale, the US government is currently making the attempt to do the same thing. Fleets of UAP have been following US Navy nuclear carrier fleets all over the world, and the pilots have had enough of it, recently taking their concerns public, and forcing an all-of-government investigation to get to the bottom of the mystery. It is possibly the greatest mystery of all time.

I think it is mostly BS, BUT, there are some things which can't be explained, like how Travis got radiation burns on his face and hands after messing around with that old cistern. Also, you have to admit it's mighty weird all the UAPs that show up whenever they start goofing around, last night being the latest example. That cow dying was also a bit odd, when you consider a UAP was seen at the same time the cow died.

As to rockets, if you check out LOCs website, the Skinwalker is now available! 25 kits available, each with their own numbered decal.

I say good for LOC, it's a pretty big deal when you get that kind of press for free. Good for them and good for the hobby.

I was able to build my SkinWalker (SWR-004) and send it up at Airfest 27 on an Aerotech M1845NT to 7662'! I love the rocket. It's a big burly hunk of fun!

IMG_7020.jpg

Congratulations! That’s a beast of a rocket, and it sounds like a great flight. Did the rocket bring back any clues to the mysterious shenanigans?

Right! Nah, not at Argoina... although I did learn a valuable lesson to make sure to put the dang rocket above the thrust plate so you don't make a 3ft crater in the KS soil with an M motor. I feel like a jerk that I missed that kinda thing.

Latest posts

Back