Troubleshooting for why OpenRocket is giving a max acceleration of 2000 m/s^2?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Transparent_Tape

Reaction score
I'm not sure if the file uploaded correctly, but, when I run flight simulations, Open Rocket says I'm accelerating at 2584 m/s^2. I don't think this is normal and I'm wondering how I can fix this.
Thanks.

Attachments

• rocket_model_final (1).ork
    167.9 KB · Views: 0
I'm not sure if the file uploaded correctly, but, when I run flight simulations, Open Rocket says I'm accelerating at 2584 m/s^2. I don't think this is normal and I'm wondering how I can fix this.
Thanks.
Just to allow folks to easily estimate the acceleration without delving into your simulation, what’s the peak and average thrust of the motor and what’s the weight of the rocket fully loaded?

You may have uncovered a weird bug in OR... but also your ORK file is a mess.

1697457897235.png

You have a single stage rocket but with 3 stages defined. Move the nose cone to the middle stage, and then delete the first and last stages, and then the sim shows 35G acceleration which sounds about right. I don't know what OR was doing with the original file and will investigate.

Please load an example (e.g. File -> Open Example -> A Simple Model Rocket) to get an idea of what a properly-structured model looks like.

Also you have a D12-0 in there, which is causing deployment at very high speed. Should be a D12-7 to get realistic results (although a D12 wouldn't even fit in that body tube....)

You may have uncovered a weird bug in OR... but also your ORK file is a mess.

View attachment 609870

You have a single stage rocket but with 3 stages defined. Move the nose cone to the middle stage, and then delete the first and last stages, and then the sim shows 35G acceleration which sounds about right. I don't know what OR was doing with the original file and will investigate.

Please load an example (e.g. File -> Open Example -> A Simple Model Rocket) to get an idea of what a properly-structured model looks like.
Thank you! It's working for me now. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Also, I'll fix the engine issue.

Latest posts

Back