Trim Tape

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Galt

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I am running out of my supply of the discontinued Pactra Trim tape.
What is the alternative to Pactra that I can purchase in varying widths and colors that will not break the bank?
Most of the automotive trim tape comes in ⅛" widths and limited colors.

This is off the subject a little bit, but I found out that the 1/8" trim automotive trim tape works great for the small 13 mm A-motor NAR competition models. A few wraps of the tape around the aft end of the motor makes a quick and convenient thrust ring. After motor installation another wrap of tape can hold the motor in place for the ejection charge.

I found this on Etsy. Widths range from ⅛" to 5".​

Vinyl Striping, Pin Striping, Accent tape, Self Adhesive colored Tape, Rolls of vinyl self adhesive striping.​

https://www.etsy.com/listing/266843...f=sr_gallery-1-1&edd=1&organic_search_click=1
  • Vinyl Striping Pin Striping Accent tape Self Adhesive image 1

Vinyl Striping, Pin Striping, Accent tape, Self Adhesive colored Tape, Rolls of vinyl self adhesive sriping​

$14.00+

You could cut your own with a Cricut.

And that vinyl can be cut with a razor and straight edge if you don’t have a machine.

12” squares are a couple bucks at HL. Longer lengths on rolls. If you’re okay with trim monokote, you’d be okay with it. Not the same, but close enough to work.

And that vinyl can be cut with a razor and straight edge if you don’t have a machine.

12” squares are a couple bucks at HL. Longer lengths on rolls. If you’re okay with trim monokote, you’d be okay with it. Not the same, but close enough to work.
I agree. It is close enough.

Back