Transitions and body tubes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacktango22

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Back into the Hobby now that I am retired, and really enjoyed designing and building my own rockets using open rocket software. I’ve built kit’s but the challenge to me is “design build fly.”

I want my next build to be a BT 70 sustainer and a BT 60 on top. I have a balsa transition.

Any advice as I start to think about this would be appreciated.

Mid power only D,E,and F

thanks

Back into the Hobby now that I am retired, and really enjoyed designing and building my own rockets using open rocket software. I’ve built kit’s but the challenge to me is “design build fly.”

I want my next build to be a BT 70 sustainer and a BT 60 on top. I have a balsa transition.

Mid power only D,E,and F

thanks
Two centering rings and a cardstock transition hardened with CA glue, old school. Balsa works just as well, but I like the fact that paper transitions with practice are easy to make.

Mid power only D,E,and F

thanks
Are you intending a multistage? It sounds like it could work with black powder D and E motors. If you want a single stage then D, E and F could work. I would recommend building it in Open Rocket or Rocksim so you know how it would fly with different motors.

Look at the LOC Expediter, Norad/Norad Pro Maxx, or Cyclotron.

Back