TLP Rapier Help Wanted

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kruland

Reaction score
I have a few , not much better on detail but- hope it helps a bit. (click on opened photo for much larger size)

rapierb1x_2.jpg

rapierfsc5.jpg

Rapier-Jernas.jpg

Last edited:
I wish I would have saved what i have ,but i pretty much delete my info after a build.....I mean how much stuff can you have :y:

Some of the pics posted are what I used for ref.material ,except for the drill rounds ,which offer very little for the operational rounds.

I can`t believe how hard it is to get good material on the web ,I mean it`s there ,but it takes a lot of creative searching at times.

Good luck with your build !!

Cheers

Paul T

Paul,

Do you have any other closeups of your Rapier? I might just consider it the gold standard.

Kevin

lol..I'm starting to consider Pauls photos an important source of scale data ..!!

On my desktop,I have a file with a bunch of missiles in their own folder.

when I run across a good detailed photo I create, or add it to, an existing folder.
every now and than I burn it to a disc. The other day I was looking for some really detailed photos of the Krypton (my current build) I have alot of Krypton photos .. but this time I hit the motherload ! on a aircraft modeling forum..You would be surprised how much missile data some of these guys have. !!!

I have one folder with all the TLP kits listed inside since I have most of their kits waiting to be built.

lol..I'm starting to consider Pauls photos an important source of scale data ..!!

On my desktop,I have a file with a bunch of missiles in their own folder.

when I run across a good detailed photo I create, or add it to, an existing folder.
every now and than I burn it to a disc. The other day I was looking for some really detailed photos of the Krypton (my current build) I have alot of Krypton photos .. but this time I hit the motherload ! on a aircraft modeling forum..You would be surprised how much missile data some of these guys have. !!!

I have one folder with all the TLP kits listed inside since I have most of their kits waiting to be built.

Andy ,I bought a Krypton from Sirius Rockets before Xmas. Please post your pics.

I would love to get some of your Krypton reference photos !

You want my E-mail addy ?

Paul

Paul,yes please send your email ,, some of these pics are massive.

On the krypton, I have gone alot further than the TLP kit, I'm 80% done with construction.. detailing will be another matter.

my building situation is really hampered right now because I have to drag everything out to build ,, than put it away afterwards.

the wife needed a private office space so the "rocket room" had to be sacrificed.
hopefully, by spring I will be back at full speed .

Last edited:
I am having the same problem finding good shots of the TAN-SAM missile for the TLP kit that I have in the build pile. There are plenty of shots of it on launchers but few of the missile itself. Without detailing it would be a fairly bland kit.

Paul, Thanks for the pics. It's simply beautiful.

I've done a lot more searching with various terms: Rapier, Jernas, MBDA, BAE Systems, etc. The best (largest) shot I've found is attached.

In all the shots, I see quite a bit of variability in the missile - especially related to the large fin protrusions and the locations of the strakes.

The fin protrusions seem to be either little "sticks" like in the TLP kit and in sodmeister's build. Or they look like V-shaped blocks. I think the V-shaped blocks might have been part of an upgrade of the missile in Mk II developments.

The strakes appear on 0, 2 (opposite launch rail) and 4 fins.

Can anybody tell me if these rounds are "real" or "dummies"?

Kevin

dscn0722.jpg

I am having the same problem finding good shots of the TAN-SAM missile for the TLP kit that I have in the build pile. There are plenty of shots of it on launchers but few of the missile itself. Without detailing it would be a fairly bland kit.

the only pics I have found of the Tan Sam(type 81) were from this page.
they are on the launcher but you can get alot of detail from them

https://www15.tok2.com/home/lttom/military-powers_jgsdf/other/military-powers_81sam.htm

Paul, Thanks for the pics. It's simply beautiful.

I've done a lot more searching with various terms: Rapier, Jernas, MBDA, BAE Systems, etc. The best (largest) shot I've found is attached.

In all the shots, I see quite a bit of variability in the missile - especially related to the large fin protrusions and the locations of the strakes.

The fin protrusions seem to be either little "sticks" like in the TLP kit and in sodmeister's build. Or they look like V-shaped blocks. I think the V-shaped blocks might have been part of an upgrade of the missile in Mk II developments.

The strakes appear on 0, 2 (opposite launch rail) and 4 fins.

Can anybody tell me if these rounds are "real" or "dummies"?

Kevin

I know what you mean Kevin ,seems there are various rounds from drill to live fire and everything in betwixt ! That`s where a little "carte blanche" comes in handy.

Paul T

I found a couple of really good ones.

No strakes, pins on the fins. I can only assume there are mounting brackets on both top and bottom.

I think I'll try this one. I'll use fillets for the welds! :wink:

rapier_10_of_21.jpg

rapier_03_of_21.jpg

Back