The Squirrel Works, 5 Years of Model Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SecretSquirrel

Reaction score
DogFP.gif

The Squirrel Works Model Rocketry celebrates its 5th anniversary during the month of October. In honor of that event, we're pleased to release one of the most anticipated kits of 2008...

DogLogoFP.gif

The large booster is reminiscent of the B-25 Mitchell bomber and carries profile models of the legendary F4U Corsair and A6M Zero. The rocket puts up a slow, majestic boost. At apogee the gliders detach, giving long, graceful flights. The gliders can be trimmed to turn in opposite directions and head into each other. The simulated dogfight is a guaranteed crowd pleaser.

Wing jigs have been included to ease assembly and seven sheets of decals allow the modeler to achieve a high quality finish with minimal painting skills. The Corsair decals reproduce the aircraft of Marine ace Gregory "Pappy" Boyington.

Additional glider sets are sold separately; the "War in the Pacific" set is available now. Look for the "Battle of Britain" glider set in December and "The War Over Germany" set in early 2009.

As an added treat for our customers, we have produced a colorful 18"x24" wall poster depicting the package art of the entire line of original Squirrel Works kits. The poster is available free with orders containing merchandise totals of $25 or more, while supplies last.

Poster3.jpg

https://www.squirrel-works.com/

Congrats on 5 years of business Don.:)

I take it you told the people who had an issue with you using the name Dogfight to get lost.:D

Hearfelt congratulations to you and the Squirrels.

Oh yea, oh yea, . . . :dancing2:

Don, did you ever figure out how much it would be if we wanted to simply buy extra gliders?

As an added treat for our customers, we have produced a colorful 18"x24" wall poster depicting the package art of the entire line of original Squirrel Works kits. The poster is available free with orders containing merchandise totals of $25 or more, while supplies last.

I've been looking forward to this kit since...forever! :D

My order has been placed.:D

I can't wait to get my hands on this one, and am looking forward to more. With the poster as a kicker, a very SWEET deal indeed!

Any chance you'd be willing to -autograph- a kit for me? :) Please...pretty please?

Don, did you ever figure out how much it would be if we wanted to simply buy extra gliders?

Yup
https://www.squirrel-works.com/glidertwo.html

Any chance you'd be willing to -autograph- a kit for me? :) Please...pretty please?

I can do that but copying my signature on a check won't do you any good. I run a rocket business, I got no money.

It's a great milestone and you've reached it in high style!

Shhhhh, don't tell people I'm getting high.

Congratulations Don. I have always admired the kits available from The Squirrel Works but have always come up with some lame excuse (i.e no money) not to purchase your highly rated kits. With the release of the Dogfight, I plan on getting that and several other kits.

--- Ron

Congrats Don and Terri! Five years seems to be a magic number for small businesses - many don't make it to their first year, let alone their fifth. I hope you've already set aside a kit and poster for me. The finished kit may end up in my office instead of the launch rod though - it's such a cool looking rocket, even just sitting there.

After seeing it fly, I feel confident that it will be a hit whenever it is flown. The boost is exactly as Don describes it - majestic - and when the gliders separate, it's really quite a show.

I'll be interested to hear what Guy Noir says about it when he actually gets his. I'm sure he'll be more than satisfied. Other than having to wait for the additional glider sets to come out.

The fact that you are able to give away a poster says you must be doing something right - like designing, producing, and packaging great kits at a reasonable price. Real builders kits - with laser cut balsa and water slide decals. I bet you get a lot of repeat customers who get hooked on your quality.

Again, congrats to Don and Terri.

tms

Another extremely cool kit. And perfect for using up those extra C6-3 motors that many folks have stockpiled. Now to get our local club folks to place some orders....:D

Awesome! Congrats on the 5 year mark Don!:congrats:

Order placed ofr one! ;) With my luck with gliders(IF I can get them to GLIDE), if I trim them to turn in opposite directions they will probably have a head on collision!:lol:

Then, I will have to order a replacement set

Awesome! Congrats on the 5 year mark Don!:congrats:

Order placed ofr one! ;) With my luck with gliders(IF I can get them to GLIDE), if I trim them to turn in opposite directions they will probably have a head on collision!:lol:

The gliders are fairly easy to trim and I don't foresee people having too many problems. Doug Sams was able to get this pic of the Battle of Britain set at our last launch. The gliders are circling in opposite directions but they never came close to having a collision.

dogfight-p.jpg

Then, I will have to order a replacement set

Don't give away our secret business plan! ;)

Congratulations, Don!

I haven't (yet) bought a kit from you (but then I haven't (yet) bought one from Fliskits, either).

The least you could do is to put both of them on your wish list for Secret Santa...;)

Just got my Dogfight and it is really awesome! I've never seen so many decals in a kit before.

Anyway, my weekend's covered. We have a launch in two weeks and this baby is going to fly.

Great job on 5 years of niche rocketry. When I got the wonderful poster with my Dogfight the other day, it was pretty cool looking over the history of your product introductions. Nice touch!

--Chan Stevens

My box was delivered today! :D

The kit looks outstanding, Don. I appreciate the extras as well. This is my first kit from Squirrel Works (shame on me:() but I can assure you it won't be my last.

The DOGFIGHT kit was going to be my winter LP build, but I might have to cut the seal well before cold weather. :cool:

Mine was delivered(well, actually ATTEMPTED delivery) Friday...I have to go down to the post office and get it now :(...But am looking forward to securing it into my hands! :D

For me, the best feature of the Dogfight is the inclusion of Don's $0.02 cents with every kit. Better get yours quick, I don't think he has an unlimitied supply of cents. :)

Back