The Gardening thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I’ll have to explore this method more!
I watched a lot of YouTube videos last year. I found Mike VanDuzee's system to be a really easy place to start. Minimal upfront investment and it doesn't take up a lot of space.

Planted the garden today.

Sweet corn
Spinach
Romaine lettuce
Green peas
Green beans
White onions (from last year)
Carrots
Broccoli
Cucumbers
Tomatoes (started in planters, will be transplanted next month)

My peppers never sprouted. Gonna have to work on that for next year. Maybe switch from small planters to bigger ones with more potting soil.

Strawberries have already flowered. The raspberries and blackberries that I planted last year survived the winter and rabbits and have leafed out and will probably produce berries this year.

We added two more 4'x8'x10"beds and a 2'x15'x16"bed for Asparagus. We also added a 8'x16' patio area in the middle. My wife has several things going at the moment such as Broccoli, Cauliflower, a couple types of lettuce and a bunch of herbs, with a lot more stuff planned. There's still some construction work left to be done when the weather decides to behave but over all we're looking foreward an excellent growing season.

I have a thriving weed garden.
There are many varieties of weeds growing in my garden.
Nature must have blessed me with a green thumb, for I put zero effort in cultivating this garden.
No watering, no fertilizer.
Some people are just lucky, I guess.
😁

Just cut broccoli from two of the three plants I started in March. Next harvest in a couple days.

Geniece's strawberries have done fantastically this year. From a bed about 8x25 feet she's already gotten two gallons or more of berries. And I'm looking forward to black raspberries. The canes have overgrown the space I set for them and have a huge number of berries starting. Gotta get some bird netting.

Best -- Terry

I'm jealous. I had a few late freezes and most of my garden was impacted. None of my corn has recovered. 1 bean plant. 3 pea plants. None of my broccoli or cucumbers have sprouted. Spinach is nearly non-existant. Lettuce, onions and carrots fully recovered. I got my first strawberry today so that was a nice addition to my lunch.

Back