The DAllen and rfjustin 3" Prometheus COMBINED Build Thread - LET THE CHAOS ENSUE

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what about the shenanigans? Sure, 2 cool rockets, good flights, helping others, good information, videos, blah, blah, blah, blah blaaaaaah. . . . . .

We were promised shenanigans. I'm actually fine with the lack of silliness, but I want shenanigans. We were promised shenanigans in the first post. Don't make me start a new thread questioning when the shenanigans will actually occur or if I was billed for the shenanigans. Truthfully, I have yet to get a request for payment for the shenanigans, but I also have not received a shenanigan tracking number either.

While I have never met DAllen nor rfjustin, I felt like the promise of shenanigans was legitimate and will continue to wait until shenanigans are either delivered or I just consider it a total and never expect shenanigans from DAllen or rfjustin again.

If you have had an interaction with either DAllen or rfjustin in the past, did you get the shenanigans expected eventually?

Sandy.

If you're disappointed in your purchase of shennangans (which were clearly provided) we will gladly refund your money. Just ship the undamaged shennanagans back and the refund will be applied to your payment method.

:D

Guess what...

- L1000 fits in Upset Homer - sims to over 10k.
- I currently own a L1000
- I'm going to Airfest and Upset Homer is coming along with that L1000.
- The NDRT just gifted me a 4" Prometheus which shall be named "Happy Domer"
- An L2200 fits rather nicely in that 4"
- Oh and there's a L2200 in my basement. :D

Oh hell YEAH

Last edited:
Guess what...

- L1000 fits in Upset Homer - sims to over 10k.
- I currently own a L1000
- I'm going to Airfest and Upset Homer is coming along with that L1000.
- The NDRT just gifted me a 4" Prometheus which shall be named "Happy Domer"
- An L2200 fits rather nicely in that 4"
- Oh and there's a L2200 in my basement. :D

Oh hell YEAH

Looking forward to seeing it!

Flew Upset Homer to 6k on another j800 at MMWP. Everything worked perfectly except for the on board camera. I think the battery pooped out on me because it was on another rocket for a loooong time. Landed about 200’ north of 2300 N.

Attachments

• D5287060-69BB-4201-8FAD-7BB185DC01D7.jpeg
    D5287060-69BB-4201-8FAD-7BB185DC01D7.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 0
TIME TO NECRO MY OWN THREAD LOL

Flew Upset Homer yesterday on a J570 and it landed...in a puddle

1707053967712.png

Appears all the electronics survived the ordeal. Even popped open the ebay and it was bone dry. The screw holes must've gotten plugged with mud to prevent water from getting in there. I am completely baffled how the camera survived since I am pretty sure it was submerged in the shroud. The footage is really good and I'll be posting all those goodies later. But for now it is time to leave for day 2 of Michiana's February launch.

Appears all the electronics survived the ordeal. Even popped open the ebay and it was bone dry. The screw holes must've gotten plugged with mud to prevent water from getting in there. I am completely baffled how the camera survived since I am pretty sure it was submerged in the shroud. The footage is really good and I'll be posting all those goodies later. But for now it is time to leave for day 2 of Michiana's February launch.
Can we get a reading on the ratio of liquid to solid particulate? At what point does a puddle become a bog?

At least you were able to recover it before Upset Homer became a part of the biomass.

Last edited:
Wait, wait wait… you mean to say that there’s mud at Thee Oaks??? I refuse to believe it!!!

Last spring I almost needed a tow truck to extract my gluteus enormous from the mud after volunteering to retrieve a friend’s rocket. Holy hell! I about died…

View attachment 628405

That looks like quite the puddle.
I remember landing in a 'swamp'.
It took a good minutes to decide whether to leave it lay or go for a semi-swim.
It was warm enough that took the plunge.
Not sure I ever got the smell out of my cloths.

Cant's be better, mine shall be named "SUPREMO" and will be referred to as such friendo. That and the "PROMETHEUS" sticker is too friggin' long to fit on the booster...
View attachment 493378
View attachment 493379
Hmmm ... SUPREMO -vs- PROMETHIUS ... if you're very careful with your cutting and pasting, you've got all the letters you need !

EDIT: oops ! I just realized that I necro-posted ... sorry !

Back