That Was a Close One

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In 1860, Lincoln voted for all his party candidates...except himself; on principle.
Which is interesting to me, because when viewing both sides' candidates in several races in recent years and being certain I couldn't do as terrible a job as either would, I've done the opposite and written my own name in on principle.

It sounds like the guy who lost didn’t really care that much and is ok with the winner.

One of the interesting things I’ve learned lately is that a felony conviction can take away a person‘s right to vote, but not necessarily prevent that person from running for office. So a convicted felon might run for office but not be able to vote for themself.

It sounds like the guy who lost didn’t really care that much and is ok with the winner.
One of the problems with successful capitalism. When highly qualified people are successful and enjoying life, they tend not to run, or seriously run for political office. Then, along with a "two party system", we get presented with questionable leftovers.

Back