Thank You to Everyone!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKPilot

Reaction score
Hey Folks, I just wanted to say 'thank you' to everyone who posts here on the board - sincerely.

Back in the summer of 2004 I got my first exposure to rocketry at Woodbadge Training for Boy Scouts, back home in Alaska. They used the movie October Sky (anagram/book: Rocket Boys) and a subsequent Estes Viking build to teach us teambuilding/goals. From those moments I was hooked!!!

Then I came on the internet to find resources and like individuals on a message board.

Almost immediately Powderburner, on his own accord, invested in me by sending me a few things from Texas. His effort showed me how many rocketeers are devoted towards the hobby and how fun it can be. Again, Powderburner, thanks!

It's been almost exactly four years since I came into the hobby and I'm truly greatful to all who I've interacted with, and especially for TRF for facilitating some great discussions and gaining invaluable feedback!

Since then I've moved down here to the lower 48, have gone to Coalwood W.V. to meet Homer and the rest of the rocket boys, built a 'few' rockets, started a small NAR sanctioned club, attended a few NAR events such as NSL and NARCON, refurbished a room into my 'hobby cave', and the best of all - met some great people!

What else can I say, but thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Just as a side note in addition to enjoying the hobby, my goal is to 'pay it forward' in the coming years and to hold an regional convention & launch here around St. Louis in the new few years. Thereby taking the true spirit of NARCON, NARAM (LPR), and NSL (MPR/HPR) and giving people in the midwest a yearly event to look forward towards.

Well that will give me a reason to hop on over to St Louis. When is this convention/launch going to be?

You are most welcome. In just my time here on the forum I've seen you:

1. Post "Heads Up" on Hobby Lobby and Michaels coupons.
2. Turned lemons into lemonade (or coal into diamonds) after that soccer coach kicked your rocket.
3. Provided professional input on some of the goings-on with Boeing on their rockets and military projects.

(Hijack Alert)
I'm glad to see that the GAO is taking a second look at the Northrup KC-45 deal. That makes the third or forth US Military contract that has gone to Europe. The first one being the next Marine 1 going to Eurocopter and the last one being the KC-45 going to Airbus. I don't remember what was in between. I was getting tired of hearing Northrup ads on the radio and seeing them as pop-ups on websites. If a product or contract is good, it will sell itself; you shouldn't have to tell people it's good.

Again, you are welcomed

Back