Successful L2 Attempt

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Binder Design Excel (DD), w/ 54mm mount (great kit, went together easily and well).
Pro38 J270 Green

As usual, I look like a dweeb in the obligatory pre-launch "JIC" shot:

Unfortunately, at ignition, I tripped the shutter (burst) too early, and the best I got was smoke as it was coming up to pressure

Deployment was main with Jolly Logic Chute Release at apogee (fired by Stratologger CF), with motor eject set for hopefully 2 seconds later. CR released the 36" main at 700'. At our field, I usually have the CR set for 400', but due to the extra weight of this rocket, I figured higher was better.

The rest of the flight was spent worrying rather than taking photos, but it made it back successfully, a bit farther downwind than planned, but still well within our field and waiver. Next time (CR or true DD), the main will be released lower.

The Altimeter 3 and the Stratologger CF returned apogee values within about 5' of each other, so I'm calling it 3520'.

Thanks to Binder Design, Jolly Logic and Cesaroni for outstanding products.

Congrats, I also got my Level 2 this weekend. Drove up to Battle Park, VA and flew my Public Missile Ariel with a CTI J357 yesterday.

Latest posts

Back