Stupid LDRS 23 question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weekends

Reaction score
Of course there are stupid questions! I am about to ask one. :D
Do LDRS launches allow low and mid power flights? Or is it mainly high power? The reason I ask is that I dunno if I'll have my level 1 cert. by then.

Anyhoo,
Thanks

Weekends

Gosh...I hope so...I'm bringing some smaller stuff.

The field is perfect for midpower...personally I think it's kind of an "iffy" field for high power.

I think the waiver is only for 8,000'

sandman

I was at LDRS 22 in Argonia and there were lots of LPR and MPR launched (at least on Saturday, the day I was there). I would think that would be the case at LDRS 23. If you go, make sure you're there for the kick off. We saw 40 MPR to HPR rocs go at once at the start of the day!!

bmhiii

Originally posted by sandman
The field is perfect for midpower...personally I think it's kind of an "iffy" field for high power.

I think the waiver is only for 8,000'

sandman
8000' is just fine for HPR. I routinely fly HPR below 3500'. I like keeping the rocket within sight so I can enjoy the whole flight. On the east coast, the cloud cover prevents the REALLY high altitudes that you west coast flyers can achieve.

The cloud cover and humudity makes the air too hazy to fly beyond 10,000 feet. West of the Rockies is simply a better place for that sort of thing.

I, myself, generally won't fly anything above 4000 feet, unless it didn't cost much to build and its not flying on a reloadable motor.

Back