Student Moon Shot Questions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The offending kickstarter
OMG. That is scary. I can see some shortfalls in basic knowledge even in the electronics area. Looks like they have not had anyone sign up for support yet. Not necessarily a bad thing from a safety perspective :eek:.

As to the OP, it rattled me a little when they started talking about fluorine as a fuel, before I finally figured out somebody had gone fishing...

As long as they choose appropriate igniters for any staging - hypergolics are for wimps - real rocketeers use Estes igniters.

Well played, sir, well played. You had me for a while. The proposal was a perfect mix of laser-focused detail (400 psi chamber pressure) and utter cluelessness about the difficulty of the project.

We should ask to meet the project manager.....someday....in the distant future
Yes - judging from the names of the project team, it's pretty obvious who the Project Manager would be. However, I can only imagine that Thomas doubts the entire thing would be successful. And whatever you do, don't let Judas handle the engines. The recovery should be spectacular.

I’d like to contribute, but cash is tight, so I’m going to start my own GoFundMe to raise funds to donate to your GoFundMe. My goal is $10,000! Please donate whatever you can to help me achieve my dream!

All you need to cross the cross the Carmen line is written permission from Carmen Miranda. The certificate is known as your Miranda Rights. If your application is approved, the police will read you your Miranda Rights, after which I advise you to keep your mouth shut and get a lawyer. A lot of bureaucratic red tape, I know, but no one said space is easy.

Back