Stratologger Telemetry?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcamhale

College Rocketeer
Reaction score
Has anyone used the telemetry function on the Stratologger CF? I can't seem to find any information on it besides the two pages in the instruction manual. How exactly did you go about it? What did you use to transmit and receive the data? Can you use an XBEE?

Last edited:
I can't seem to find any information on it besides the two pages in the instruction manual. How exactly did you go about it? What did you use to transmit and receive the data? Can you use an XBEE?
You can certainly use an appropriate XBee or any other radio that supports a logic-level serial stream. There was an article in Sport Rocketry a few years ago about using an XBee. Basically you need two XBees, a USB interface for the ground side, and a voltage regulator board for the flight side. Sparkfun's XBee Explorer USB and Regulated boards would work, as would similar products from Adafruit.

BTW, I don't recommend buying XBees from Sparkfun, their markup is pretty high. Digikey is a better choice.

Last edited:
You can certainly use an appropriate XBee or any other radio that supports a logic-level serial stream. There was an article in Sport Rocketry a few years ago about using an XBee. Basically you need two XBees, a USB interface for the ground side, and a voltage regulator board for the flight side. Sparkfun's XBee Explorer USB and Regulated boards would work, as would similar products from Adafruit.

BTW, I don't recommend buying XBees from Sparkfun, their markup is pretty high. Digikey is a better choice.

Thanks for the reply. I thought that I would need a regulated board. Digikey is my go to for electronics!

FYI, the HopeRF modules https://www.anarduino.com/?cid=5 are significantly cheaper than XBees. I've used the XBee-PRO XSC for all of my telemetry projects but it may be overkill depending on your range requirements.

Back