SOLD OUT - Loctite Hysol E-120HP

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the mixing gun that I got: McMaster-Carr
And the tips: McMaster-Carr

I just got them delivered today so I've not yet used them. The mixing gun comes with a 2:1 and 1:1 plunger and the tips fit the front of the epoxy cartridge.

~Dave~

Can the plungers be pushed with a stick or something? Or is the goo too viscous for that?

Can the plungers be pushed with a stick or something? Or is the goo too viscous for that?

I suppose you could do something like that and measure the volume of each to get the right ratio. But the dispenser gun does all that for you and the tips mix the epoxy as it dispenses. Pretty slick setup. I think the dispenser gun costs about $24 and the tips are $1.38 each so I got 2 per cartridge just in case.

Here's a video that shows the whole thing in action: Assembly Adhesive for the DarkAero 1 - YouTube

Having used this system before, I think the endlessly-reusable dispenser gun is absolutely worth it if there's a chance you'll use this epoxy system again (or another from the same brand). On the other hand, while the mixing tips are fine if you will probably use the whole tube for one or two tasks, they really add up if you end up dispensing the epoxy 5+ times per package for small tasks. Also annoying is that an amount of epoxy stays in the mixing tip. Once again, not an issue if you only use one or two mixing tubes per epoxy package. If you use a bunch then a significant amount of the total epoxy in the package ends up useless in your growing pile of mixing tips.

Last edited:
Yes - gun and mix-tips are the way to go for sure - perfectly mixed epoxy squirted just where you want.
But you do lose a bunch left in the tip.
For small jobs, skip the tip and dispense a small blob into a mix cup and use like any other epoxy.

Yes - gun and mix-tips are the way to go for sure - perfectly mixed epoxy squirted just where you want.
But you do lose a bunch left in the tip.
For small jobs, skip the tip and dispense a small blob into a mix cup and use like any other epoxy.

I was just going to post the same - if you want to mix just a little bit of epoxy just leave the tip off and use the gun to dispense the amount you wish and mix it manually. The tip is great for larger projects but seems like it will waste a bunch of epoxy :(

Back