Share with us your scale fleet

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok ,here`s one more.It`s the Russian short range surface to air SA-8 GECKO ....this is also a TLP kit ,with needed details added ,as usual LOl

Regards

Paul T

phpBhw0IbAM.jpg

phpEG0CAFAM.jpg

phpgCwgreAM.jpg

phpN9YvvLAM.jpg

beautiful job! Paul...since I am a newbie....what size are these rockets? I have to check TLP out...that Rapier is sweet....mean and nasty looking rocket! they look awesome! and that includes the SA-8 as well!

Here`s the Falcon and TLP RAPIER surface to air missile.

Cheers

Paul t

beautiful job! Paul...since I am a newbie....what size are these rockets? I have to check TLP out...that Rapier is sweet....mean and nasty looking rocket! they look awesome! and that includes the SA-8 as well!

Rick ,these kits are 2.6" diam. (BT-80) although some are smaller and at least one (Bullpup D ?) is 3" +/- ,I have one built ,I`ll try to get a picture ,it certainly is a different looking Bullpup.I would say the average kit stands about 30" tall and some taller ,like the Nike Ajax which is about 52".......I need to get that one made ,it`s in the stash.

Send me a PM if you want some details about the TLP kits ,I`ll fill you in on the pros and cons and what to expect.

Take care my friend !

Paul T

Have you ever built an ugly rocket?

Jim ,you changed your avatar again , Now i have to go through a whole new learning curve, again.......thanks LOL

To tell you the truth ,I like this one best ,gotto have a picture of the good "Captain" carrying his rocket.....perfect !!

Yes ,I have built ugly rockets and I still do ,and proud of it ,I just don`t post them here :wink:

Regards

Paul T

Last edited:
Jim ,you changed your avatar again , Now i have to go through a whole new learning curve, again.......thanks LOL

To tell you the truth ,I like this one best ,gotto have a picture of the good "Captain" carrying his rocket.....perfect !!

Yes ,I have built ugly rockets and I still do ,and proud of it ,I just don`t post them here :wink:

Regards

Paul T

Glad you like the new avatar. The rocket over the shoulder is kind of a trademark of mine. (I know, I take rocketry to an even higher level of geek!)

me_fem_side.jpg

me_hyperloc.jpg

me_slipstream.jpg

me_step.jpg

Glad you like the new avatar. The rocket over the shoulder is kind of a trademark of mine. (I know, I take rocketry to an even higher level of geek!)
And don`t forget your trademark "smile".....

Cheers

paul T

those rockets you are carrying look pretty cool to me! I am a LPR guy and kinda new back to the hobby...but holy smokes those are BIG rockets!! How high and how fast do they go?

those rockets you are carrying look pretty cool to me! I am a LPR guy and kinda new back to the hobby...but holy smokes those are BIG rockets!! How high and how fast do they go?

Most of my rockets go low and slow. The yellow one, though, has a 54mm motor mount and is set up for dual deploy. It can go pretty high. The one in my avatar is my biggest yet, but it only went 1500 ft on a 38mm J400 motor.

they look fantastic!

Most of my rockets go low and slow. The yellow one, though, has a 54mm motor mount and is set up for dual deploy. It can go pretty high. The one in my avatar is my biggest yet, but it only went 1500 ft on a 38mm J400 motor.

Here's are my newest addition:
Soyuz, Little Joe II, F-15, and a Saturn 1B

DSCF5747 - Copy.JPG

I love that Saturn 1b! nice job!!

Thanks
Its all scratch built everything came from Semroc, it has "wraps" on it but their not noticeable their too small
it was a nice challenge, building and painting.

That Dyna-Soar is really lovely. Does the X-20 separate from the rocket and glide back on its own, or is it attached to the shock cord?

Its a Sandman X-20 and attached to the shock chord with two air force parachutes made from bags,
It flies on 18mm engines, its flew twice on B 6-4s
it has the same engine mount as the K-21 Gemini.

Wow You have a really superb pic I think you have all rockets fleet on your bed. I have also my NAR 91107, fleet Its look not really neat and shiny but ats my personal effort.

scale fleet.jpg

Wow You have a really superb pic I think you have all rockets fleet on your bed. I have also my NAR 91107, fleet Its look not really neat and shiny but ats my personal effort.

View attachment 124462

would you mind sharing a picture ?
Remember we folks on the forum love pictures.
Mines arent also the best nor the highly detailed ones
but the are builders who make master pieces.

I'm confused. That's my NAR number.

Back