Semi Scale Launch Pad Ideas?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loojack

Reaction score
Almost of the rockets I've built lately have been either clones like Estes Vostok or scratch built fun scale. They just don't look right setting on Estes porta-pad and such. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for a launch pad with a more scale apperance? Nothing fancy, a semi scale or fun scale look to it. Thanks.. loojack

Originally posted by loojack
Almost of the rockets I've built lately have been either clones like Estes Vostok or scratch built fun scale. They just don't look right setting on Estes porta-pad and such. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for a launch pad with a more scale apperance? Nothing fancy, a semi scale or fun scale look to it. Thanks.. loojack

I picked up a couple old Erector sets, the "rocket launcher" kits, to build a snazzy launch pad out of. Haven't gotten to it yet due to the move. Soon though.

Ya Mean something like this? With a small added blast deflector and a 3" x 4" nomex protector. Yea its micro-maxx PMC the rod laying in front replaces the short display rod. Works very will;)

Or this one that is all scratch built from evergreen, plastistruct & styrene sheet. Needs a .049" stainless rod and must be propped on a block to get to 30degrees but it also works well. haven't burn anything up yet:)

You could try to get a hold of an old MRC Concept II launch pad. I have seen them come up on Ebay once in a while and they do not go for that much. It has a truss-work tower and nice substantial legs so that it does not look as toy-like as the Estes one. Or just to be crazy like Micromeister (sorry John but I do believe you are crazy, a good crazy, but crazy) here is a scratch built one that is motorized. It goes up and down and rotates, these functions as well as launching are controlled by the video game joystick sitting next to it.

I built this as a kid back...well... along time ago...

It's made from those spools that lace or other material things come on...you get at the fabric store... As a 12 yr old I thought it was pretty cool...I've been thinking about doing it again...

Steward

Back