Scrap Metal Art

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckreef

Reaction score
For the last 2 days I was at the Perry GA RC airplane swap meet (largest RC airplane swap meet in the South East.)

At the swap meet my son bought a scrap metal art/model/figurine. It stands 21" tall and weights 6 lbs. It is made out of chains, piston rods, bearings, screws, bolts, threaded rods, spark plugs, industrial springs and various other items of scrap metal. It looks like some strange Alien beast wielding 2 double bladed axes. This thing is totally bad arse :cool:

They had about 6-8 different variations and it looks so good I should have bought a couple of different ones. A very strange item to buy at an RC airplane swap meet but they were selling the crap out of them and running out of stock towards the end.

Hard to get a good picture .....................

LgAlien01.jpg

LgAlien02.jpg

Last edited:
ck- very cool! There was a Russian(?) chap that made motorcycles out of watch parts that were absolutely to scream about. I don't have the time to look him up as I have to make sunrise out in the desert to find a lost 'child', a lost "Wild" child, that is! Great post! l8r

There are some really cool metal art structures on I5 near Mt Shasta. One is a dragon. Here's an image of it that I found on the web.

7185073465_65e4ff1cdc_b.jpg

Nice collection.

My son is into video gaming (what kid isn't). I was happy see him take an interest and buy something other than a video game (although it looks like an Alien straight out of one of his games.)

Reminds me of the driftwood art as you pass by Berkeley on the way to the Bay Bridge when I was a child. Most of which is gone, if not all, these days.

Back