=scale= LTV Scout!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built an Estes Scout a few years back, ditched the wood and used Evergreen Scale Models styrene tubing instead. I ripped it in half with a Microlux miniature table saw.

I have the first dozen LTV Scout kits comleted.

The cost is $60 plus $5 shipping.

Total length is 39.29" tall.

It flys on Estes D12-5 or E9-6 BP motors (Really high too!)

email me at

[email protected]

Originally posted by sandman
I have the first dozen LTV Scout kits comleted.

The cost is $60 plus $5 shipping.

Total length is 39.29" tall.

It flys on Estes D12-5 or E9-6 BP motors (Really high too!)

email me at

[email protected]
Gordon,

Could you post some kit/component/completed rocket pics at YORF? Thanks. You do PayPal, right?

If I notified you then I am holding one for you but that's it until I get more parts!

That was fast!:eek:

Someone wanted to know exactly what was included in the kit.

I opened kit #14 and layed it out on the floor.

(so if you get #14you will see that it was opened.)

I'm not sure how long it will take to get more parts but I will keep you posted.

Well, that first run went really fast!

All gone!

All of the parts for the second run of kits has been ordered so give 2 or 3 weeks for all the stuff to arrive and get boxed up.

Has anybody recieved their kit yet?:confused:

Hi Sandman
Kit #11 arrived today THANKS AGAIN Sandman! I think I build it after the BT-101 Pershing you made me the cone for.
Bob

Bob,

The first thing you should do is open the box and assemble all of the tubes and transitions together just to see how big it is.

That'll inspire you.:D

Hi Sandman ... kit #10 arrived late last week. Weekends are always busy for me so I haven't had time to open the box and check it out. But the photo looks big, Big,BIg, BIG! :D

Kit Lucky #13 arrived today. Looks great, can't wait to get started. Thank you, sir! :cool:

Well, most of the parts are on the way for the second "run", so soon guys.

I was cutting conduit parts and fins tonight.

I'll be bagging up parts tomorrow.

Got mine!

And one of these days I'm actually gonna have to build one of your kits. :rolleyes:

They sure look like fun. :D

I think mine's in (I'm on business travel Sun-Fri next 4 months)--my wife grumbled that I've got another #^%$@ box waiting for me. I think yours is the only thing I'm expecting on purpose.

--Chan Stevens

Sandman launched his LTV Scout at the Huvars launch today.

It flew beautifully, as usual.

A short video of the flight can be seen here.

Enjoy.

Originally posted by sandman
Soooo????

What happened to the rest of the kits???:confused:

Hey Sandman! Don't fret!
Yesterday, I became the proud owner of kit # 12.
I'll begin the build next weekend.

It's a beauty. It really wants an E-9 driving it.

Len B :cool:

BTW, I really want someone to build one!:mad:

Not just "collect" them.:rolleyes:

This is no s***, last night I was down in the "dungeon", repairing a Mountainside Hobbies 4" Mercury Redstone that pranged about 4 years ago, and my eyes drifted over to the LTV Scout kit that arrived a couple of weeks ago.........and I said to myself "Self.....maybe you should get started on that before Sandman thinks you're just hoarding it."

Sooooooooo..............the build starts tomorrow, like it or not! ;)

What a bummer! I had to work yesterday, and missed out, yet, again.

Oh well, I'll catch you next time . . .

Some of you have emailed me that they sent me money via Paypal and I haven't recieved it.

Well dumb ol' me spelled my email address wrong.

It's

[email protected]

Sorry!

Oh, and Scott, I missread your question. I have made a total of 26 kits so far but I do plan on more if the demand is there.

Back