Sandmans web site

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradycros

Reaction score
Is anyone besides me having trouble getting www.excelsiorrocketry.com to come up for them?

I keep getting this:

Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource / could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Came up fine for me.

Perhaps someone was updating the site when you were trying to access it?

-Kevin

Came up fine for me.

Perhaps someone was updating the site when you were trying to access it?

-Kevin

I'm sure that's not it. I've been getting this same message today, yesterday and the day before. What's up with that?

Do you have a different web browser you can try?

I just got in, without a problem, with IE, Firefox and Chrome.

Are you trying from a bookmark, or typing the URL directly? Try clearing your browser history/cache, and see what happens.

-Kevin

I'm using IE and typed the URL in directly, tried it from 'my favorites', cleared the history and tried link from the sandmans roachwerks home page. I keep getting the same message.

I just clicked on the link you posted and I got the same message I posted earlyer.

Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource / could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Last edited:
Just weird.

Might not hurt to run both an anti-virus and a malware scan, as well as confirm that you don't have any browser add-ons running.

Try downloading and running Firefox or Chrome, and see if that helps.

-Kevin

Page loads fine for me at 6:47 pm eastern.

(I'm using IE9, for what it's worth [yes, crappy browser])

If you have internet access generally, as evidenced by your ability to post here, but not Sandman's site, and since the rest of us can access Excelsior without a problem, probably the fault lies in your domain name server (DNS) which converts the human readable web address into an actual internet numerical address.

If you go into a command window, and type nslookup www.excelsiorrocketry.com, what do you get? Here's what I get:

C:\Users\Marc>nslookup www.excelsiorrocketry.com
Server: WL.indy.rr.com
Address: 192.168.1.1

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: www.excelsiorrocketry.com.xxx
Addresses: 69.16.143.110

If you get different addresses in the non-authoritative answer section, probably your DNS is temporarily hosed with respect to Sandman's domain. IT will eventually pass, but meanwhile you could try using an opendns solution.

Marc

Instructions for Open DNS:

https://store.opendns.com/setup/computer/

No need to sign up for the free service, just use the DNS numbers provided in your IE settings per the directions.

Or enter this in your browser:

https://208.69.38.205/

It will point you to directions to set it up based on your operating system.

Also, +1 for Kevin's note about doing malware scans etc...

Last edited:
Thank you for all the information, I'll try each piece of advice and see what happens.

Back