3D Printing Sanding blocks

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zyzzyva1000

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen plenty of 3D printed designs, I figured I would make a thread and see what else people like. I am working on the Estes Black Brant XII and my zip micro sander and flexible block weren't cutting it. I was about to order the 5.5 inch Kwik sanding block, but saw it would take a while to get to me. So, I found a block and remixed it to be the same footprint. I am sure there are better options available, but this cost me a buck in filament and $6 for some gorilla spray adhesive so I can just use the sandpaper I already have. I printed it way overkill strength wise, but it's definitely rigid enough and has already made my life easier. Figured I would share and see what other people have.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6550815

Attachments

• IMG_4724.jpeg
    IMG_4724.jpeg
    527.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4725.jpeg
    IMG_4725.jpeg
    618.1 KB · Views: 0
Sounds pretty cool. Thanks for posting the link.

Are these single use type or can you replace the sand paper? How hard is that w gorilla glue? For a buck, I can print as needed, and like you said, it is probably overkill w 30% infill, 4 perimeters.... I bet the cost can be dropped to a quarter for single use applications.

P.S. I hope we get to see pics of that pretty BB XII! 😍

Sounds pretty cool. Thanks for posting the link.

Are these single use type or can you replace the sand paper? How hard is that w gorilla glue? For a buck, I can print as needed, and like you said, it is probably overkill w 30% infill, 4 perimeters.... I bet the cost can be dropped to a quarter for single use applications.

P.S. I hope we get to see pics of that pretty BB XII! 😍
You can remove the sandpaper fairly easily. Definitely not single use. There’s plenty of these type of spray adhesives that will work, the gorilla glue was just what my local Ace had. I printed overkill because I plan to keep using and reusing this.

Back