SafeSwitch and Raven Wire Harness

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I saw the photo of a screw switch with built in terminals that was made by SpaceTec Rocketry in Europe. It has 3 switches and 3 terminals. An interesting idea is for a set of terminals or a wire harness that is preconfigured for the Raven. Just an idea for a product.

spacetec_safeswitch.jpg

I saw the photo of a screw switch with built in terminals that was made by SpaceTec Rocketry in Europe. It has 3 switches and 3 terminals. An interesting idea is for a set of terminals or a wire harness that is preconfigured for the Raven. Just an idea for a product.

Chuck,

Are you familiar with the Featherweight Av-bay?
av-bay_small_ezg3.jpg

https://www.featherweightaltimeters.com/Av-Bay_Components.php

It's preconfigured with a connector that goes directly into the the terminal block of the Raven, with built-in battery connection and a magnetically-activated arm switch. It's designed to also provide the bulkheads and deployment charge terminals, with access for all 4 of the Raven's outputs,3 of which are accessible from either end of the av-bay.

It's preconfigured with a connector that goes directly into the the terminal block of the Raven, with built-in battery connection and a magnetically-activated arm switch. It's designed to also provide the bulkheads and deployment charge terminals, with access for all 4 of the Raven's outputs,3 of which are accessible from either end of the av-bay.

You forgot to mention that it's incredibly small! Fits in a 38mm minimum diameter.

Adrian had a few of these with him at AirFest, and I was floored by what he had come up with.

-Kevin

yes. I bought 2. I like them. for my level 3, I wire too go from 1 to 3 wires to use with the raven. I just thought was a neat item to produce.

Oops. Sorry I forgot you are already a customer for those.

A sign that you've hit the big time. You no longer remember every
customer by forum handle... A good problem to have!

Chuck- do you have a wiring diagram for that SpaceTec switch? How about
a US supplier? (25 Euros seems a bit steep, not to mention the shipping).

Last edited:
Adrian,

Not a problem. I already have 2 flights with one of them. Worked great. I am thinking about building a custom carbon fiber for the other one.

As far as a wiring harness, how do most people wire a Raven for a large rocket and what type wires and terminals do you use?

As far as a wiring harness, how do most people wire a Raven for a large rocket and what type wires and terminals do you use?

I don't know about most folks, but here's what I did in one incarnation-
https://our.rocketryplanet.com/photo/ravenwiring-1

I've since decided to forgo the A23 batteries in favor of Duracell 9V
(see the related blog post on OP)...

If you have the Raven wiring diagram in the manual, you should see this
matches up similarly. Here the Raven is wired to an external switch and
the charges using the kit sold by waywayanda on the RP auctions.
(ignore the red/black Newton's 3rd wires. Those go to an other altimeter
on the other side of the sled assembly.)

The terminal blocks are the smaller ones I found in bulk at a local
surplus supply store. The wires are standard 20 gauge, stranded. I think
you can find a 5 spool multi-colored package at Radio Shack for just a few
bucks.

Back