Rocksonde 200

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samuron

Reaction score
I'm looking for any information on the Cooper Development Rocksonde 200. It is essentially a Loki-Dart sounding rocket, but by a different manufacturer.

I actually have an actual booster unit, and I would like to make a replica Dart to go on top of it. The attachment point is different from the Loki series boosters, and I've been unable to find any details.

I've already have the designation-systems and astronautix links, as well as some pdfs on Lokis in general. If anyone can point me to some model specific info, I'd appreciate it.

I'm looking for any information on the Cooper Development Rocksonde 200. It is essentially a Loki-Dart sounding rocket, but by a different manufacturer.
As noted on the D-S page, there's
some coverage in 'Small Sounding Rockets' by Richard Morrow. Unfortunately, it's only a few pages, and doesn't include any blueprints.
The manufacturer was Marquardt Corporation - CDC was a subsidiary.
SSR does have this about the dart- "the payload was tailored to the specific requirements of the customer. Selection of the payload was based on volume requirements, tracking radar frequency, desired fall rate, and length of radar tracking requirements."

I actually have an actual booster unit, and I would like to make a replica Dart to go on top of it. The attachment point is different from the Loki series boosters, and I've been unable to find any details.
SSR has this to say about the dart attachment- "In operation, the dart projectile was connected to the Loki motor, forming the rocket vehicle. The launcher elevation was set to 0 degrees and the vehicle was loaded into the launcher tube by engaging the dart projectile fin in the machined grooves of the rail guide and pushing the vehicle into the launcher tube."

I know this isn't much, but maybe it'll be helpful! Good luck.

Rocksonde-200

Attachments

• Rocksonde 200 dwg.png
    Rocksonde 200 dwg.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Rocksonde 200 payload.png
    Rocksonde 200 payload.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Rocsonde-200.pdf
    79.1 KB · Views: 0
Back