RockSim V8 Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KHamel

Reaction score
I have down loaded the engine file for the new Quest C6-5 motors and added it using the Engine Edit function but it does not show up in the motor list. What am I missing or doing incorrectly? The files are attached.

Thanks for the help.

View attachment C6Q2.rse

Attachments

• C6Q2.txt
    822 bytes · Views: 27
Not sure about version 8, but on version 9 you must start the Rocksim program then go to "File" then "Reload engine data ...". You might have to remove the data you want to update then add it back.

Not sure about version 8, but on version 9 you must start the Rocksim program then go to "File" then "Reload engine data ...". You might have to remove the data you want to update then add it back.

Yup. Version 8 works the same way. You must first remove the updated engine file using the "Reload Engines..." in the File menu. Then, add it back. Exit Rocksim. And Restart it. You should now be able to see and select the new engines you added.

Ok I now know what I did incorrectly. I should have saved the text file as a ".eng" not an ".rse" file, works fine now. Interestingly enough in RS I loaded the Quest C6 long burn motor into the Thrustline Black Shadow and ran the sim resulting in very similar altitude to both the Estes C6 and the older Quest C6. I figured that would be the case but it was interesting to see it on RS.

Back