ROCKSIM 10 CRASHING A LOT

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be able to make an entry in the y axis, you need to double-click in the y axis box when making entries for custom fins.

I to have noticed Rocksim 10.3 crash occasionally since updating to Windows 11. It's not too common but it does happen so I save often.

What I am having REAL problems with is EngineEdit. It won't even load in 4 out of 5 attempts. Then on the rare times it actually does load, it crashes while entering an engine. I did notice also that I cannot import ANY engines into Rocksim regardless of where the engine file came from - created by me or D/L from Thrustcurve.org. It goes through the Rocksim import process without a problem, but when you go to find the engine, it's not showing up. The tech at Apogee gave up trying to help with EngineEdit when I told him I was on Windows 11. He said he was not running Windows 11, so couldn't test it out to try to trouble shoot the error. I'm thinking to myself - don't you think you should put that at the top of your list???

As stated earlier, I think Apogee knows that they have some problems with Windows 11 compatibility in Rocksim and Engine Edit, but I don't get the impression that it's a priority for them to resolve those issues.

Last edited:
Back