Rocketguts.com, successful prototype kit launch!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketsonly

Reaction score
Hello! My TARC team just launched our first kit that we plan on selling to fundraise for our TARC team (team #3011).

We launched once on a G40, and another on 4x D12's plus 1x E9. The rocket kit will come with adapters and plugs to house many different configurations. We tested the G40 and the 4x D12's plus 1x E9 because they were the ligtest and heaviest of all the recommended configurations. Both flew perfectly!

Ignition was done using D.M.B. Rocketry's clip whips! They're great and we plan on including them in the kit. The alligator clips were very helpful and don't slide off like the flat clips.

Recovery was accomplished via a 24" mylar Rockethead Rocket's chute. The chute was very small for this size of a rocket, however the fins sustained barely any damage (look at the picture below!). We told you 5ply 1/8" birch plywood was strong! The kit will come with a 30" X-chute!

We were only able to capture a picture of the 4x D12's and 1x E9 launch. The G40 left too quickly.

We hope to start pre-orders in about 2 weeks! We'll be designing some vinyl and paint schemes for the rocket!

Enjoy the pictures!

EDIT: scroll down for better picture

Thanks Tom.

Those pictures are still very bad! Does anyone know how to make them more clear?

Okay, seems like I can't make the picture more clear with out enlarging the file.

If anyone would like a more clear picture, just send me an email at [email protected] or IM me at pongs101.

Here's our team picture before our first unsuccessful flight (rocket never left pad).

That makes me feel alot better. I hate terrible pictures!

I'll post the others later tonight if I have time.

Back