Rocket in tree. Any advice?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally, after 3 weeks, I got it back!!! A man I know climbed using climbing gear and retreived the Forte. The motor was not very hard to clean, but the body has slight water damage, and is beat up on one end. I will have to shorten it about 3/8 of an inch and sand and repaint it, plus buy a new motor adapter. I should have it ready to fly before long. Thanks again, everyone, for the tips.

Is the rocket on the east or west side of the tree? If on the east side, notch the tree about three feet above ground on the west side with your newly purchased, or borrowed, 16 or 18 inch chain saw. Once the tree is notched, check for general direction of expected fall. If all appears ok, cut as fast as you can. Jump and run when the tree begins to lean, it will probably fall. When it hits the ground, grab your rocket and chain saw and run away really fast. If the rocket is on the west side, notch the east side and continue as above. If the rocket is on the north or south sides, hire the tree monkeys as north and south felling is terribly unlucky. Hope it works out for you, it did for me. But the tree wasn't 80 tall.

Da Dog

Back