Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it to early to bring up this thread again for this year??
We have pumpkins that are ready now I think.
Larry

Originally posted by rbeckey
Since Trick or Treat was last night around our house, we carved Jack o Lanterns yesterday afternoon. I soaked the cleaned seeds in salt water for 24 hours and roasted them in a 250 degree oven for 1 hour 45 minutes tonight. A tasty treat for us all, and much healthier than candy. My Mom did this for us when I was a kid, and I love the smell while they roast.

Yea! I remember when I was in Level 2, about 5 years old, my teacher roasted some pumpkin seeds for my class! Great stuff.

Originally posted by flying_silverad
I think your timing is perfect. I picked a great one out in the garden...take a look!

From my garden!!

Hey Flying_silverad, yea its orange with a black stem, but I don't think its seeds would roast to good:D
Larry

When you eat roasted pumpkin seeds, you have to shell them like sunflower seeds, right? I mean, you don't eat the shells?

Originally posted by cydermaster
Aussie rocketeers, thats a scarey thought. Imagine Steve Irwin with a pile of motors! :eek:

;) LOL

Appologies to any Aussies I might have just offended.

I can see it now...

Now these Skidmarks can be right tricky. But if you stay real close and hold the igniter in while yer mate makes a go of it you will see a gorgeous flight....

And ballistic recoveries - don't risk your rocket. If you stay under it until the last moment and step quickly aside - you can catch the slippery devil as it goes by....

I always have...:D

Roasted pumpkin seeds are great.. Put some Lawrys salt on them, even better...:)

I always ate the whole thing myself. I suppose you could shell them like a sunflower seed, but the shell is different and not really bad to chew.

Originally posted by Larry
Hey Flying_silverad, yea its orange with a black stem, but I don't think its seeds would roast to good:D
Larry

Trust me, when you see this fly, you'll know it has seeds!:D Maybe not for roasting though.

It is that night again, Trick or Treat Eve. The pumpkins were carved and seeds carefully seperated. They soak in salt and Worchestershire even as I write this. Tomorrow they will roast.
Happy Halloween to all!:D

The perfect time to resurrect this old thread. :D Once again the seeds are perpared on Trick or Treat Eve. Happy Halloween to TRF.

Nothing like a twice resurrected thread, quite fitting with Halloween and all. Happy Halloween!

I think I'll pick up a spare pumpkin tomorrow afternoon and clean it, if I can find one. Yummy. I love pumpkin seeds.

Jason

Our pumpkin seeds are swimming in saline.... will make a great snack after T or T, with a little help from the oven.

Happy Halloween!

Latest posts

Back