RIP Bob Saget

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll never understand how he made it, his comedy was pathetic. I quit watching AFHV because of him. Even though he was thin, could have been a heart attack. Do not quote me and reply, I don't need it.

I'll never understand how he made it, his comedy was pathetic. I quit watching AFHV because of him. Even though he was thin, could have been a heart attack. Do not quote me and reply, I don't need it.
To me, one of the funniest things about him was the reaction of people when they first realize that he’s one of the most foul mouthed comedians ever.

Last edited:
I first found out just how dirty he was from his quick cameo in Half Baked. When he shows up, there was this murmur in the entire theater - “Is that Bob Saget?” Then he drops that gem (which I’m not gonna repeat here), and the entire audience is just rolling with laughter.

Now, I know it’s easy to make a theater full of potheads laugh, but it really is a good punchline, especially given his reputation at the time among the average audience (he had only just finished hosting AFHV).

First saw his act on HBO during a Young Comedians show hosted by Rodney Dangerfield in 1984, well before "Full House" or "America's Phoneyest Home Videos". Not Aristocrat level but a hint to what his act would be versus the character he put on for those TV shows; got to make the cheddar.

Worth a search on Bing for Saget and Dangerfield; stick around for Sam Kinison if you're not familiar with his work.

:angiefavorite:Classy comment, bad mouthing a dead guy. Good karma coming your way.

De mortuis nihil nisi bonum
THIS !!! ☝

Bob's standup act was a refined version of what me and my friends were doing in junior high back in the day. Philly area kid of a certain time, RIP.

[edit] By refined I mean professional delivery, not content.

Triggered by your own words. Calm down, precious. You’ll be okay. 😂

Edit: And now you edited your ad hominem. Don’t do that. Stand by your words. Own up to them.

Last edited:
Triggered by your own words. Calm down, precious. You’ll be okay. 😂

Edit: And now you edited your ad hominem. Don’t do that. Stand by your words. Own up to them.
[/QUOTE The comment I made about Olivia DeHaviland having far more movie acting credits than Ms White is not a slur against Ms. White. I'm sorry if you consider that comment as equally malicious as " I'll never understand how he made it, his comedy was pathetic. ", the comment made about Bob Saget. Any reasonable person would see the difference between the two comments. As far as your follow up posts, well, like the cliche goes, youth must be served.

The comment I made about Olivia DeHaviland having far more movie acting credits than Ms White is not a slur against Ms. White. I'm sorry if you consider that comment as equally malicious as " I'll never understand how he made it, his comedy was pathetic. ", the comment made about Bob Saget. Any reasonable person would see the difference between the two comments. As far as your follow up posts, well, like the cliche goes, youth must be served.
Would it be so hard to be acknowledge that you intentionally tried to derail a thread about Betty White (repeatedly), then called someone else out for similar behavior?

Top ten Betty White tips for a long, healthy life:

I like Betty but I would also like to believe this thread is not where that post was meant to be.

Bob, Betty, and Olivia probably deserve their own respective threads. I'm starting to be confused about all this.

I like Betty but I would also like to believe this thread is not where that post was meant to be.

Bob, Betty, and Olivia probably deserve their own respective threads. I'm starting to be confused about all this.

Posting about someone entirely unrelated to the OP post happens so often I wanted to try it to see if I got a charge out of it or it made me feel warm and fuzzy, freshened my breath, or made me look younger.

Turns out it feels as dumb as it looks.

Last edited:
Posting about someone entirely unrelated to the OP post happens so often I wanted to try it to see if I got a charge out of it or it made me feel warm and fuzzy, freshened my breath, or made me look younger.

Turns out it just feels as dumb as it looks.
Throw some profanity in there and that'd be a Bob Saget joke

He did a stellar Aristocrats.
I'd only seen him on those tv shows and had no clue what he was capable of until I saw this. Maybe it was just that it was completely unexpected from him that made it so good. Yes. Stellar. Probably the best version in that movie.
If you haven't seen it, uh, beware, NSFW.

Aside from Full House and AFHV, he was known for exploring the limits of profanity, but here's an early clip where he's being clean (as I remember from watching it yesterday). And it's amazing! I had never seen this side of him, or anyone else being so quick.

I'm glad to see that it had nothing to do with drugs or alcohol - I know the outcome is the same for his family, but at least there shouldn't be bunch of trash media/documentaries dredging up his death for years to come.

Sandy.

Back