Rest In Peace Richard Belzer, Law and Order's Det. Munch, 78

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Richard Belzer passed away in France from complications of unspecified circulatory and respiratory conditions.
I really enjoyed his appearance as Munch in Law and Order, the X Files, and Homicide Life in the Street.

Rest In Peace Richard.

One of the few who could go from stand-up to doing serious acting. In my days as a grip & electric guy in Baltimore, I got to deliver equipment to the police HQ set in Fells Point for Homicide every once in awhile.

I was curious about what he was doing in France at the time, and it turns out he lived there. He bought his home with money he got from a lawsuit against Hulk Hogan. Hogan was a guest on his cable talk show in the 80s. He asked the Hulkster to put him in a move, passed out, and got hurt when the wrestler let him go.

He named the home “Chez Hogan” 😂

I've been charmed by Richard Belzer the past few Covid years as I watched hundreds of episodes of the Law and Order series. In a TV series that featured some humor and irony, Detective Munch's mainly cameo lines were a tasty comedic treat. In the series, he retired as a sergeant.

Fairwell to Sergeant Munch and to Richard Belzer, rest in peace.

Back