Rest In Peace ADA Advocate Judith (Judy) Heumann, 75

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Judith (Judy) Heumann, who survived Polio, was confined to a wheelchair for the rest of her life. Her fighting for Civil Rights for the disabled has made the US, and in fact the world a better place.
I personally got my education through help with ADA accommodation. I too have advocated for improving access for all.

On March 6th, Judy passed away.

https://apnews.com/article/judy-heumann-disability-rights-dies-fcecc5f0cf58cfc8da7ea72da929af77
Rest In Peace Judy... Thanks for all your tireless work

Judith (Judy) Heumann, who survived Polio, was confined to a wheelchair for the rest of her life. Her fighting for Civil Rights for the disabled has made the US, and in fact the world a better place.
I personally got my education through help with ADA accommodation. I too have advocated for improving access for all.

On March 6th, Judy passed away.

https://apnews.com/article/judy-heumann-disability-rights-dies-fcecc5f0cf58cfc8da7ea72da929af77
Rest In Peace Judy... Thanks for all your tireless work

My father worked to help improve communication for deaf people as a side project during his lifetime. Before the internet, back when the 2 earpiece phone had to get placed into earcups on a device, he was running a TTY service for free out of our house that people could call into to get the time, weather (I think, not 100% sure) and a bible verse along with a motivational statement each day. Did that change the world. . . probably not, but did it affect some people positively, absolutely. Obviously the modern internet lets people who are hearing impared get fake news just as quickly as anyone else, but back then all of the technologies were in the infant stage for sure. It is hard for someone who does not have a particular disability to really understand someone who

Thanks for the work you did Judy.

Back