Rejected Reality 7.5" Rocket Build!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just realized I never updated this. The rocket flew when we flew OCF in August. I removed the upper payload section and flew it short with a motor delay to about 2,500 feet. Flight up was great and the ejection charge went off right at apogee. However, The parachute didn't open even though it was trying and ended up acting like a reefed drogue. The rocket came down fast but a post inspection showed no damage other than a little scuffed paint. It turns out that the parachute didn't come out of the deployment bag right away and when it did, the parachute ended up wrapped around the fin causing it not to open. Motor was a J800 Blue motor. It was a great flight overall and hopefully next flight will have electronics.

Pictures to come when I get home tonight!

I changed it a while ago but I guess it's kind of changed itself back. Everybody I see calls it Big Bootay and so even I started calling it that. :)

hopefully I helped bring back the real name. I like big bootay and I cannot lie.

You know the old saying coined by Yogi Berra, "You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't change the name of your rocket once a build thread starts."

Me too...
Big Bootay---
Big Bootay---
Big Bootay---

That's the best name I've ever even heard of...
Why in the world would you change it ?? lol..
Hey,,
I think that'd be a perfect name for a rocket with a transition in it..
So the lower airframe is larger then the upper one.... lol...

Teddy

Back