Recent Work: various Oddrocs

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cliveroonie

Reaction score
I have been working on a bunch of rockets over the past year. As this summer is slowly creeping along, I have in mind to finish a bunch of oddrocs before Labor Day:

1) I have a Paper Mache rocket, initially inspired by a project with my daughter. We took an oatmeal box and paper mached the exterior, painting to create a drum. I took a plastic tube as well as a styrofoam ball and we paper mached them as well. I then began thinking about constructing a rocket after the parts were made.

2) The oatmeal box rocket complete with a nose cone from a Christmas gift of Ferrero Rocher chocolates

3) The Babies-R-Us baby bottle rocket featuring "fins" from packing materials from a toy or some electronic device. No cutting or shaping of the fins. Just straight material from the original packing.

4) a pseudo scale of a rocket, origins of which I can't recall off the top of my head. The nose cone is actually body tube as well. I just cut out long, thin triangles and pulled the ends together for a tip, sealing with liberal amounts of yellow glue, then sanded smooth.

oddroc1.jpg

Neat looking Odd-Rocs Clive:
Very interesting cluster in your Quick Oats box:) Gotta love that a clustered Odd-Roc! talk about mixing favorite types :lol:
Great work!

Those are very cool rockets. The oatmeal one is my favourite though :)
Cheers
fred

Latest posts

Back