RASAero II Bug?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kola

rockets make me happy
Reaction score
Hello!

I have an issue related to the RASAero II flight simulation software. Everything on the software works as normal, however, the flight simulation side of things seems to be broken. To keep it brief, I can run simulations, but when I click on the "View Data" tab, nothing happens. No plots are generated. A new window does open, but it is blank and I cannot seem to access it.

I have reinstalled RAS, and also reinstalled the .NET framework several times (I am running .NET 3.5).

Attached below is a video of the issue that hopefully explains my issue better.

Please let me know if you can help me out in any way, or if you have experienced similar issues.

Thank you!

- Kenny

Attachments

• Rasaeronowork_Trim (2).mp4
    2.7 MB
Kenny:

We of course traded e-mails on this previously, and you of course have reinstalled the .NET framework. But while you reinstalled the .NET framework, did you enable .NET 3.5? Even with the .NET framework reinstalled, .NET 3.5 still might not be enabled. (You of course can Google "Enable .net 3.5" and follow the directions.)

One thing to try is to click on the left-hand side of the line the rocket is on, highlight that rocket simulation, re-run that rocket simulation, and then try the View Data button.

Charles E. (Chuck) Rogers
Rogers Aeroscience

Kenny:

We of course traded e-mails on this previously, and you of course have reinstalled the .NET framework. But while you reinstalled the .NET framework, did you enable .NET 3.5? Even with the .NET framework reinstalled, .NET 3.5 still might not be enabled. (You of course can Google "Enable .net 3.5" and follow the directions.)

One thing to try is to click on the left-hand side of the line the rocket is on, highlight that rocket simulation, re-run that rocket simulation, and then try the View Data button.

Rogers Aeroscience

Hey Chuck,

It took me a while, but I *just* got it to work! I had forgotten to let it install some additional files for the .NET framework. Apologies for goofing up!

Thanks so much,

Kenny

Hey Chuck,

It took me a while, but I *just* got it to work! I had forgotten to let it install some additional files for the .NET framework. Apologies for goofing up!

Thanks so much,

Kenny

You're welcome! :)

Rogers Aeroscience

Back