R.I.P. Rockets magazine

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
Sadly, the FINAL, as in LAST, as in ULTIMATE, as in THERE-AIN'T-GONNA-BE-NO-MORE issue of Rockets Magazine is available for download. Volume 10 Issue 6. It is a retrospective of the things the mag has covered over the last ten years. Get it now or forever hold your peace. :(

Congrats to Neil, Bob, and all the contributors over the years. It was an excellent run and brought readers a lot of enjoyment. The launch reports always seemed to capture the character of fliers and atmosphere of the big events. I enjoyed the trip down memory lane, as it reminded me of a lot of great launches with close friends.

Todd Harrison

Gentlemen, THANK YOU for all of the fun and great memories you have archived over the last 10 years. You have made a positive impact within this hobby and the relationships you created over the years. You met my boys (now 16 & 21) early in their rocketry journey and your truly inspired both of them as they created their own memories in this hobby. The pictures you shared within your publications are permanently etched in their minds and their memories of all the fun they have had over the years at various fields across the USA.

Until we meet again!

Gentlemen, THANK YOU for all of the fun and great memories you have archived over the last 10 years. You have made a positive impact within this hobby and the relationships you created over the years. You met my boys (now 16 & 21) early in their rocketry journey and your truly inspired both of them as they created their own memories in this hobby. The pictures you shared within your publications are permanently etched in their minds and their memories of all the fun they have had over the years at various fields across the USA.

Until we meet again!

Wow,,
What a great point..
Think of all the young people Neil Mc and Bob U have influenced over the years through this venue..

Just staggering...

I really try to pay forward whenever I see an opening to do so..
But they sure as heck just beat the heck out of me..

Teddy

I will miss the magazine. It helped me to virtually attend all the events that I missed. Bob is planning to retire and move ... west. Neil is playing in a rock band and seems to be drifting out of rocketry. No doubt they will show up at Balls and LDRS as time permits, but they are going to have a well-deserved rest from the rocketry rat race.

I agree with everybody sentiments. Neil and Bob have done a fantastic job. Over my time in rocketry I’ve seen a goodly number of magazines come and go and this has been by far the very best. Kudos for a job well done. Hope to see you guys out on the range. We all got to keep flying.

Well, my bad. Litterally just got the email delivered to my inbox at 5 til 6.

What a ride. Thanks for the cool memories and interesting reads. Not to quibble but my copies won't rest in peace. I will continue to read them. I especially enjoy reading the early issues when most rockets were paper. Good stuff.

I am always amazed by the contributions that some people make to their hobbies. Neil and the gang go out on a high note, and should take a well deserved rest. Maybe time to build your own birds, and enjoy some flying now. Thank you doesn't begin to cover it.

Thanks for the hard work over the years. There were 4 magazines when I started in rocketry and now there is only one.

I want to add my thanks! I have a good chunk of the paper mags in my basement. Was happy to contribute once after a great road trip to a bunch of events and "get published." I will miss the magazine, but certainly appreciate the quality work that was around for years. I think what I miss even more were the DVDs of LDRS and Balls that came out every year. Made for some great viewing through the long winter here :)

All the best guys, thanks for what you've contributed to the hobby!

Thank you Bob & Neil for the many years of great reading and inspiration your hard work has provided us all. I saved all my copies and love rereads at the cabin in the off seasons, Wish you both the best of a well deserved break in the action.

Thanks for running Rockets magazine over the years. It is (was :() part of the glue getting the rocketry community into something more than just an amorphous mass. It was a great way to show people what amateur rocketry is about.

Best of luck with future endeavours guys :).

Back