Quest Flics seen at my local Hobby Lobby

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gpoehlein

Reaction score
Well, I saw the new Quest Flics at my local Hobby Lobby - these are advertised on the scroll on the Quest page as paper rockets, so I was pretty excited by this (I really enjoy paper rocketry).

Well, I was rather disappointed to discover that they are, in fact, paper rocket profiles that you bend, glue together and launch with a rubber band slingshot.

Ah well, they are definitely priced right, and maybe they'll introduce the youngsters to the hobby (assuming most Hobby Lobbys don't do like mine and put them at the top of the rack!)

If you want to see what they look like, here's a link to one online retailer who carries them:

https://www.modelaerospace.com/macflics.php

Greg

Well,
They WERE designed to hang with things like the Guillows balsa gliders and the like. Sort of an impulse buy for the kids too young for the fire and smoke rockets. They will come out with several different graphic designs throughout the year so kids can enjoy collecting them as well. Hey, I always thought at first glance the package said "Fliss". I wonder if it will give Jim some more business!

Can these things be adapted to MMX motors?
If you rolled a motor mount and plugged the front, you could glue it to a Flics somewhere on the rear end. These 'rockets' look small and light enough that a MMX could still get them up in the air.

On March 10th, I bought 3 Flics from a local HL here in Houston, for my 3 sons. We got the ZAP, the Shredder, and the Alien-X. I've built the ZAP but haven't tried it yet.

Back