EVENT QCRS Princeton, IL December 8th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ECayemberg

Reaction score
Glen must be sleeping on the job, there's a launch in his region and he's not talking about it yet!?o_O

It would appear that QCRS is hosting a launch this Saturday in Princeton, IL. Since I love flying with these friends, and since I have rockets leftover from Midwest Power 15 (not a typo), I'm hoping to make it down for some rocketry related shenanigans!

...So, who else is goin'? What you flyin'?

Glen must be sleeping on the job, there's a launch in his region and he's not talking about it yet!?o_O

It would appear that QCRS is hosting a launch this Saturday in Princeton, IL. Since I love flying with these friends, and since I have rockets leftover from Midwest Power 15 (not a typo), I'm hoping to make it down for some rocketry related shenanigans!

...So, who else is goin'? What you flyin'?

+1 fer sure...

I'm goin,,

Not sure wad I'm flyin yet..

Teddy

Well, I'm afraid I'm gonna miss this launch. Before MWP, before I hurt my leg at work and lost 2 weeks pay, I agreed to go with the GF to Breckenridge, CO and take the young boy skiing. So I'm leaving this Thursday at the butt crack of dawn and flying out there... We get back late Sunday night. A quick trip for sure, but hopefully a fun one.

I have an excuse! I’m currently 4000 miles away from Illinois on a work trip. But as long as the weather holds and airplane flights cooperate, I’ll be there. Got high flying stuff that didn’t go up at MWP.

Well, I'm afraid I'm gonna miss this launch. Before MWP, before I hurt my leg at work and lost 2 weeks pay, I agreed to go with the GF to Breckenridge, CO and take the young boy skiing. So I'm leaving this Thursday at the butt crack of dawn and flying out there... We get back late Sunday night. A quick trip for sure, but hopefully a fun one.

You have a bad leg now your going skiing. I think walking for a rocket would a lot less stress on your leg.
Have a great time.

You have a bad leg now your going skiing. I think walking for a rocket would a lot less stress on your leg.
Have a great time.

Not to worry Gary..
We'll jamb a 1" X 3" up his pant leg hard till it hits something mushy and stops..
Then we'll put a few of those big heavy ty wraps around his thigh and a few around his calf..
Those have to be pulled nice and tight..
I bet it won't be 20 minutes Adrian won't even remember his knee hurt in the first place..

Don't worry Adrian,,
we got yur back man..

Teddy

I heard wildman won't be there anyone making a run that way before launch or is he gone gone?

I think if you call him beforehand, someone can get something to you for the launch.

I plan top be there, weather permitting. Just had knee replacement surgery a month ago, so not sure Ill be chasing rockets in the chisel plow. If I fly, it will be a pop and drop on Loki H motors in a Mac Performance 3FNC

I heard wildman won't be there anyone making a run that way before launch or is he gone gone?
***IF*** I'm going, I drive right past Tim's on the way to the launch. I'm sure I could arrange grabbing a few items from Jackie if the need be. Would be a shame to drive right past his place and not drop in and pick up goods that are needed. I might have time to prep/fly one bird.

So who needs stuff picked up from Tim??? I would suggest you reach out to Tim and let me know ASAP.

I hope you guy's know you're makin me really jealous..
I wanna gooooo..

Teddy

I hope you guy's know you're makin me really jealous..
I wanna gooooo..

Teddy

What's a little 14 hour drive, Teddy!;)

I've got 26,000 Newton Seconds of leftovers from Midwest Power 15 AND 16 to burn up over 5 hours of Midwestern sunlight! Gonna be a fun day, boys!!! Teddy, going to miss you, assuming your note indicates you're not west-bound!

What's a little 14 hour drive, Teddy!;)

I've got 26,000 Newton Seconds of leftovers from Midwest Power 15 AND 16 to burn up over 5 hours of Midwestern sunlight! Gonna be a fun day, boys!!! Teddy, going to miss you, assuming your note indicates you're not west-bound!

Ohh comon now..
Now that's just cheesy,, you're just rubbin it in Eric,, lol..

Alright,, that's it,, I'm goin,, I'm leavin now.,, lol..

Teddy

Unfortunately we had to close down the launch at 930 yesterday because Teddy wasn’t there.

Seriously though it was a good time in spite of the cloud deck. Lots of TARC flights, and mr. Cayemberg flew some of his big heavies. Here’s to clear skies in 2019!

I sure hope all of you guys had a wonderful time..
And I sure do wish I lived closer..
But I have some really cool launches here that I'm reasonably close too..
How bout move so I'm right in the middle.. lol..

Teddy

Had a good time, got two launches in.
thanks to Gary for hooking me up with an Emergency 9V never had a "new that morning" battery in my tracker receiver die right as the rocket took off lol luckily the RTX reconnected and I was able to get it back.

a "new that morning" battery in my tracker receiver die right as the rocket took off

Normally I carry a multimeter at launches... should've grabbed you after you got the rocket back and checked to see what the voltage was on the old battery. I'm guessing "new" wasn't really "new" :(

Wow,,
Great pics,,
I'm glad you all had a wonderful time..
Oh well,
Maybe next time,, lol..

Teddy

Sorry I missed it, guys. Haver been under the weather the past few days.... bummer

Normally I carry a multi meter at launches... should've grabbed you after you got the rocket back and checked to see what the voltage was on the old battery. I'm guessing "new" wasn't really "new" :(
Your probably right I usually do a pretty decent job of keeping new and used batteries separate it worked fine on my first flight then mix in the cold might of just been to much. Either way I am 3d printing a new holder for the GPS unit and I will keep a way larger then needed lipo in it from now on.

Back