Prototype for a new build...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bohica

Reaction score

Above is an 8" prototype of a rocket I plan to build. It uses minimal tubing for NC attachment and motor/fin mount. It's basically a nose cone connected to a motor mount via 4 struts.

This prototype flies great on A10-3T's. It kicks the motor out and uses tumble recovery. Obviously I will need a recovery system for the planned 24" version.

Any suggestions? Maybe a very small center tube to vent the gasses to the nose cone? Or possibly rear ejection? I have absolutely no clue about rear ejection BTW...somebody wanna fill me in?

Any and all comments and suggestions are welcome.

Bo

Very unique! I would go with a motor tube up the center to the nose. I've never used rear ejection so I can't offer any help there.

I would want to use as small a tube as possible though to preserve the "tubeless" aspect. The full size version will use 4 24" carbon fiber tubes. They are 5mm. I hate to go much larger than 3x that for the center tube so maybe a 15mm if I can find one?

For rear ejection, the whole motor tube and centering rings are ejected out the back. The motor tube and centering rings are inside a plugged tube.

The parachute is wrapped around the motor motor and the shock cord is attached to the back of the rocket. The motor tube can have a streamer attached to it. The streamer is mainly to help you find it on the ground.

The Sunward Pyramid used rear ejection. Check out his pic.
It is hard to pack everything around the motor tube, but the rear ejection works well.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Well heck! That's simple enough...Thank you very much...Problem solved!:D

Back